• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Bucket Seats - Some ???s

dc_cucv

well if you looked at the pictures of the seats i have, both pass and driver have tears (repairable though).....Like cucvrus said, hard to find a 40 year old seat with out any.

Not really sure how i feel about selling just one seat - what am i going to do with 1 driver's seat alone? Honestly I would just rather sell the pair as then i would have to wait god knows how long for someone who's just looking to buy a driver's side and basically get stuck with it.

Listed them here for now, but will likely go on ebay if no takers here.

Alvydas

well if you looked at the pictures of the seats i have, both pass and driver have tears (repairable though).....Like cucvrus said, hard to find a 40 year old seat with out any.

Not really sure how i feel about selling just one seat - what am i going to do with 1 driver's seat alone? Honestly I would just rather sell the pair as then i would have to wait god knows how long for someone who's just looking to buy a driver's side and basically get stuck with it.

Listed them here for now, but will likely go on ebay if no takers here.
Thanks guys. I know the problem with vinyl and years. Your passenger seat is already of pretty good quality. Thanks for the answers.

Alvydas

You say good brown vinyl? No tears or wear? That is a hard nut to crack at 37 years old. I can look. But I will wait till dccucv answers you.
Maybe you have a seat with a similar condition (small tears). I understand that the original stand is very difficult to find.

dc_cucv

if you really want them, i'll do 280 for the pair plus shipping.
I think greyhound buses still take large-ish items. I remember I paid 80 bucks to have a rear bench seat for my 74 nova shipped from texas on a greyhound and went to the terminal to pick it up.
if you want to get an estimate, my zip code is 22191. I have a station a few miles from me.

Alvydas

if you really want them, i'll do 280 for the pair plus shipping.
I think greyhound buses still take large-ish items. I remember I paid 80 bucks to have a rear bench seat for my 74 nova shipped from texas on a greyhound and went to the terminal to pick it up.
if you want to get an estimate, my zip code is 22191. I have a station a few miles from me.
Hello. Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm only looking for one passenger seat with the original vinyl, because I have a re-stitched one that is not CUCV style at all. Also, it costs a lot to ship two seats to Lithuania.

cucvrus

Let me do some looking over the weekend. Many times, I look and find and get left with no sale, no reply and the look and find was a waste of my time. I had that happen 2-3 times out of 10 here. And that was only in the last month. I do this as a hobby and my priorities change constantly with my job and responsibilities. Please be patient.

Alvydas

Let me do some looking over the weekend. Many times, I look and find and get left with no sale, no reply and the look and find was a waste of my time. I had that happen 2-3 times out of 10 here. And that was only in the last month. I do this as a hobby and my priorities change constantly with my job and responsibilities. Please be patient.
Hello CUCVRUS. Thank you. You know me I'm a serious buyer, not for fun. It would definitely be relevant for me at an affordable price (plus shipping beyond the seas). It is also important that there is little or no tearing.

cucvrus

Seats, seats and more seats. I guess I have more seats than I need. It would be wise if I were to clean them and bag them. Maybe. I will put that on the list. The never-ending list of life's things to do when I have nothing else to do. DSCF8893.JPG Passengers back. Very dirty and I could clean it up if you are interested. DSCF8896.JPG A complete passengers upper and lower. Lower has a hole in vinyl. DSCF8897.JPG Hard to find hinge covers that are not included. Someone else has been after me for these parts. I have been finding many of them. DSCF8896.JPG
DSCF8898.JPG This is a clean seat base but has stitching cracks as I show here. DSCF8899.JPG DSCF8900.JPG This is another complete upper and lower stock M1009 seat. It has some adhesive on the upper part. It is in decent condition and will look great after cleaning. DSCF8904.JPG I picked at that spot, and it appears to be a sealant or some sort of caulking. This is an odd duck. It is a genuine GM replacement seat from the drivers side and it is charcoal in color. Excellent condition and I removed it and replaced it with an OEM bronze seat. About 20+ years ago. DSCF8901.JPG DSCF8902.JPGI need to keep 2 sets of seats for the last 2 M1009's I have to complete. The set for the current build is all reupholstered and stored in the basement. I think. Let me know your thoughts. Cleaning charges apply. HA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks