• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II, South Florida Rebuild

Another Ahab

IT RUNS....Got it started tonight, took longer than I thought it would. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't start....pulled the fuel filter and turn the key on to power the electric fuel pump and nothing......Dumped 10 gallons of fuel into the tank and bam!!!...Now I have fuel flowing.....now to recharge the batteries and try again.....after some more cranking, she finally started. It sounds real good.:-D
NO vibration, and Clean. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonepicker1

Installed a new AC Delco windshield washer pump motor. Part number 19244681.
The old motor stopped working and the tank was full of black algae. Cleaned the tank and all should be good.
Got to get some new tires now that the old ones are on my crew cab.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, question for you, the CUCV Wikipedia article claims that CUCV-II's "are basic 3500 SRW trucks that were originally built as white in color with gray vinyl interiors" then moved to a different assembly area where they were painted green and militarized. Is there any truth to the "painted white" story? The firewall etc would have evidence of this.

Stonepicker1

Phil, question for you, the CUCV Wikipedia article claims that CUCV-II's "are basic 3500 SRW trucks that were originally built as white in color with gray vinyl interiors" then moved to a different assembly area where they were painted green and militarized. Is there any truth to the "painted white" story? The firewall etc would have evidence of this.
All three of my CUCV-II's have a factory green paint on the inside cab and firewall...no white paint.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck started out black. And all of the ones I have seen have been the teal or black. Never seen a white one.

Stonepicker1

Installed a B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch. I installed one on the truck before, but had to move it over to the crew cab to recover my LSSA from SC. Same with the wheels, I hope to get a set by next weekend.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So any of us contemplating building a clone should start with a teal green or black truck. Got it.;-)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When they painted them it wasn't a showroom paint job. The door jambs are painted. Overspray is common. Some of our members have done a better job in their driveway. ;-)

combatmech

My K3500 had been painted OD green over gloss blue. It's pretty faded at the moment Little over spray here and there. The green on the true cucv 2's seems to be a little darker.
My clone is in work, not sure how deep I want to go at the moment. With Stonpickers help, ( pictures and measurements) I have a body shop working on a brushguard from a 1st gen CUCV brushguard. Will post pics when complete.

Stonepicker1

Time for a status check. How is the truck running?
I still need to get tires. I only drove it a few miles, but it runs great. Might have to get new batteries or something is draining them after a few days. "To many 24 volt Trucks = a lot of Batteries and a lot of $$$"

Going to work on the LSSV tomorrow after work.

Humvee1538

CUCV Clone Colors

So any of us contemplating building a clone should start with a teal green or black truck. Got it.;-)
I have 3 1999 CUCV Tahoes. Two are Black base coat and one is Emerald Green base coat. I have a NOS front bumper guard and a set of front lifting hook mounts around the house (The Black Hole) if you need pics. Hope this helps.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you now have a green one are you leaving this one the oddball tan? ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks