• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Would you recommend I spray that or brush it? I get crap from a few people because I brush paint barns and outbuildings. I feel that I get an eyeball view of the entire surface with the brush and get a solid even coat on every square inch with no overspray and nasty equipment to clean. I can brush paint 1 hour or 10 and clean the brush and done. Opinions will vary.
Like you said @cucvrus , Everybody has an opinion.

Paint on a barn done by hand lasts longer than a sprayed barn. Thicker coat and like you said - when you are up close and personal - you can fill in any imperfections "more better" with a brush.

cucvrus

Yesterday I drove the M1028 325 miles. I got home at about 730PM and my Wife says, "how was the trip in the truck."? She laughed she could see the answer on my face. I said it didn't miss a beat. It beat me all the way up and all the way back. I hauled a load of slab wood up to the mountains and covered the wood pile. DSCF8982.JPG I drove it home empty. DSCF8990.JPG It was not the look I evisioned but it looks good to me. That is about 6 cords of wood and will last a while.
DSCF8991.JPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yesterday I drove the M1028 325 miles. I got home at about 730PM and my Wife says, "how was the trip in the truck."? She laughed she could see the answer on my face. I said it didn't miss a beat. It beat me all the way up and all the way back. I hauled a load of slab wood up to the mountains and covered the wood pile. View attachment 885104 I drove it home empty. View attachment 885105 It was not the look I evisioned but it looks good to me. That is about 6 cords of wood and will last a while.
View attachment 885106
That is an impressive pile of firewood for sure!

cucvrus

DB2 Fuel Injection Pump for 6.2L 6.5L 6.9L 7.3L 5.7L – Diesel Care & Performance
I just sent an old injection pump back for rebuilding off of one of the snowplow trucks. I have been crossing my fingers with doing it but with 3 hard starts and a few shutdowns and hard to start warm the time has come for rebuilding. Best price I could find and my experience with them has been unfailing. Happy Holidays. I will report back later. I don't need to do the job. I am just an adviser at work at this point in life. I have been very happy with the work unexperienced people can do when properly coached. Take Care. Every day is a learning day for both sides.

cucvrus

Over the years I have rebuilt many vehicles and painted many. I returned many from a certain death and saved even more for parts and salvaged everything I could. Back when I was redoing my M1009 Mule I was wanting the look that I seen on WWll German armor. 1670109928930.png
I never knew how it was done until I came across this thread. Zimmerit: What is the Rough Texture on German Tanks? - Tank Historia
I don't think the original stuff is practical and available, but I think a CUCV M1009 would look good with this application. If not, good I know it would be different. I had a tailgate sprayed inside and out with Line X once and painted it with CARC. I didn't like the look. It was OK but not the look I wanted. I wanted the rough look of German armor. I could duplicate that with body filler but not sure if it would have the adhesion. Just sharing an idea. I have many ideas and most times I act on them. But this getting older thing limits me to what I get completed. I think it would be cool in the Zimmerit and the original 3 color camouflage. It sure would hide a lot of imperfect sheet metal. And not that I would use rusted panels I would not. I always see wavy metal in sheet metal and know this would hide that well. Any thoughts?

cucvrus

I was out putting in extra effort to find your parts. The rear M1009 seat latch cover. Dusty but new. DSCF8995.JPG DSCF8996.JPG
I was digging out Black Out switches in all variations. DSCF8997.JPG With dash, Without dash, With switches, without switches. Plate only. DSCF8998.JPG Let me know. I replaced a few dashes that someone cut with a sawzall to install a radio. And I replaced one that was cut out to get the top hinge bolt from the door post. DRMO Indiantown Gap. Left fender and door destroyed for a top hinge. 10K mile M1028. Last but not least the relay bracket that will be rehomed as a Christmas gift. Just pay the sled fees for delivery. DSCF8999.JPGDSCF9001.JPGDSCF9002.JPG Good thing was I found 3 of the relay brackets. Happy to see them find a home. Happy Holidays.

khamill2000

I was out putting in extra effort to find your parts. The rear M1009 seat latch cover. Dusty but new. View attachment 885668 View attachment 885669
I was digging out Black Out switches in all variations. View attachment 885670 With dash, Without dash, With switches, without switches. Plate only. View attachment 885671 Let me know. I replaced a few dashes that someone cut with a sawzall to install a radio. And I replaced one that was cut out to get the top hinge bolt from the door post. DRMO Indiantown Gap. Left fender and door destroyed for a top hinge. 10K mile M1028. Last but not least the relay bracket that will be rehomed as a Christmas gift. Just pay the sled fees for delivery. View attachment 885672View attachment 885673View attachment 885674 Good thing was I found 3 of the relay brackets. Happy to see them find a home. Happy Holidays.
Relay bracket looks perfect. I only need the bracket and switches for my he blackouts. My dash looks ok.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cucvrus

Happy New Year to all my friends and supporters. I have a huge loss to deal with and hope to return to my hobby when I can recover from my sorrow and loss. I will just park this here and as always. Good Luck and Be Safe. Take the time to pull friends and family closer and forgive and forget things before it is too late. The next moment is never promised. Vicki L. Engle Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information (kreamerfuneralhome.com)

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy New Year to all my friends and supporters. I have a huge loss to deal with and hope to return to my hobby when I can recover from my sorrow and loss. I will just park this here and as always. Good Luck and Be Safe. Take the time to pull friends and family closer and forgive and forget things before it is too late. The next moment is never promised. Vicki L. Engle Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information (kreamerfuneralhome.com)
You're a good man Rick. Thank you for you're words of wisdom, may the good Lord comfort you and your family during your time of grief. My heart and my prayers go out to you. I'm so sorry for you're loss.

ssdvc

Damn Rick, I am so sorry to hear about this. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.

cucvrus

1673523385592.png
I think the whole thing would look better with a 3-color woodland camouflage CARC paintjob. The wheel opens will need a purpose. Very unique. This is NOT CUCV related. Have a Great Day. I am doing it one day at a time. Thank you for all the positive messages and support. It means a lot to me during this stressful time. I have renewed my faith and I tasted a life wasted and I am never going back again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks