• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

Another Ahab

I can buy starter bolts at most parts stores but on the CUCV diesel I like an OEM if possible. I have 20 new HMMWV starter bolts but they are too long. Sad but true. Just wanted to share this information.
cucvrus, I get that a bolt too SHORT is a big problem. For sure.

But isn't there a way to cut a LONG bolt down to size (cleaning up the threads at the cut)?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in search of some OEM 6.2 starter bolts and 6 months ago I could have bought as many as I wanted. Now GM has discontinued them GM part number 15544950 is limited to what dealers have in stock. No big deal but I did buy the last 2 my local dealer had in stock and also the 28MT gear reduction starter support brackets are still available and I purchased one of them. The project Wild Weasel M1009 was without a support bracket and has some severely worn starter bolts. I can buy starter bolts at most parts stores but on the CUCV diesel I like an OEM if possible. I have 20 new HMMWV starter bolts but they are too long. Sad but true. Just wanted to share this information. Your local GM dealer may have some starter bolts on stock. 15544950. Grab them up if they do. Have a Great Day.
Surplus store in Wrightsville pa has them still. Bought a few not long ago.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk