• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

Squibbly

Me on right 2010. That was a perfect M1028 I had there. Long gone and went on to become a lifted hacked up beater.
I'd blow my top if I put a bunch of work into a vehicle and saw someone mess it up.

That's why I still drive my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (Common Rail Diesel). People now days are too stupid to maintain anything properly.
Nope. If my Jeep is going to die, it's going to die with me.

I won't get rid of this M1009 I'm working on now either.
We're like blood brothers from all the oil I've got in the cuts on my hands from it now. 😂

cucvrus

When ever you feel like you can't do something without the biggest and best tools watch some of these videos. I have worked out in the mud and crud most of my life. When I worked at the Chevrolet dealer 3 decades ago I had everything. Well that was way to easy. I do things the hard way but get it done. I also reuse things and don't spend money where it is not needed. Just because you replace a part or several parts does not make it better. These guys measured everything and double checked things before replacing anything. They did it the hard way. Like the hand truck they moved the axle with. I could hear the moaning now if you had workers in USA do this. Farm work is hard work. Take Care and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Squibbly

When ever you feel like you can't do something without the biggest and best tools watch some of these videos. I have worked out in the mud and crud most of my life. When I worked at the Chevrolet dealer 3 decades ago I had everything. Well that was way to easy. I do things the hard way but get it done. I also reuse things and don't spend money where it is not needed. Just because you replace a part or several parts does not make it better. These guys measured everything and double checked things before replacing anything. They did it the hard way. Like the hand truck they moved the axle with. I could hear the moaning now if you had workers in USA do this. Farm work is hard work. Take Care and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
These dudes give new meaning to the words "Steel Toes". You probably learn quickly not to drop heavy stuff.
...and yeah, I miss the military provided Snap-On, best of the best tools I use to have access to.

Last edited:

cucvrus

BINGO. I never seen that when I installed them. I guess I wasn't looking. But today I was getting some tools for raking leaves and the light hit it just right and I see it. That picture was taken the night I installed the doors. I was very upset today when I seen it. I thought how it could have happened thinking it happened since I installed them. Then I went to this picture and there it is. No use getting upset. I just have to fix it. I have a suspect, but it will only cause problems to discuss it. I will just fix it and life will go on. Nothing earth changing. All is well. This same thing happened to the left fender on my last build. The long winters nap has nothing to do with it. It is a family matter from family members getting tools and other equipment out of my barn. They know how I feel and are scared to tell me at times. But I will give them the benefit that they may have bumped it and not know and be done with it. I am going to start using the deadbolt. That way I can be inconvenienced also. But look back at the pictures I posted the night I hung the doors, and the dent is there. Happy Holidays. CUCV Lock out 004.JPG

Squibbly

BINGO. I never seen that when I installed them. I guess I wasn't looking. But today I was getting some tools for raking leaves and the light hit it just right and I see it. That picture was taken the night I installed the doors. I was very upset today when I seen it. I thought how it could have happened thinking it happened since I installed them. Then I went to this picture and there it is. No use getting upset. I just have to fix it. I have a suspect, but it will only cause problems to discuss it. I will just fix it and life will go on. Nothing earth changing. All is well. This same thing happened to the left fender on my last build. The long winters nap has nothing to do with it. It is a family matter from family members getting tools and other equipment out of my barn. They know how I feel and are scared to tell me at times. But I will give them the benefit that they may have bumped it and not know and be done with it. I am going to start using the deadbolt. That way I can be inconvenienced also. But look back at the pictures I posted the night I hung the doors, and the dent is there. Happy Holidays. View attachment 852463
.Those damn cats, denting stuff up.

For real, that sucks, and you're right, getting mad about it won't fix it.

Last edited:

cucvrus

The camera man had his truck parked to the left after failing to pull the truck out. He said "That's 'NOT going to pull it out" My co-pilot egged him on with the stock tires and no lift kit. I gave a good pull on the Bubba Rope and out it came. I purposely drove towards the cameraman. He is a friend of mine and doubted the M1009 capability all weekend. I was never stuck. But then again I drove smarter not harder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks