• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for 2 bed sides for an M1028. 8ft bed sides. Anyone know who sells decent aftermarket? Lik a fool I sold all the GM ones I had. Oh well.
I think there's a pair on marketplace by me if I remember right. Pop your search south a touch and see if they're still there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I had a new furnace put in 2 weeks ago. I had to move lots of things in my basement. My wife used to tell me she had lots of CUCV parts for me. She would buy them on EBay or where ever she found them. She always took great interest in the parts I said were hard to come by. I found one of here containers on a shelf in the basement. Some of the stuff I seen before but some I did not. IMG_1033.jpegIMG_1035.jpegIMG_1032.jpegIMG_1031.jpeg

Another Ahab

…….. is the Pacer a v8?
Good eye there, german m1008!

An uncle of ours (M4 Tank commander in Patton's Third Army; two Silver Stars), thought (evidently), that the Pacer was a very cool looking car:

- His family was the only one I ever knew to buy one

- His son, my cousin, used to hide in embarrassment when his mom would come pick him up at high school in the Pacer (he didn't want to be seen in the thing)

cucvrus

As sad as it may be I have been employed as a vehicle crusher. I crushed lots of vehicles. Memories of several Blazers, pickups, Suburbans from the 60”s thru the late 80s. Many Scouts , Jeeps. Pony cars, thousands over the years. That was and still is what happens to vehicles that are worn out or damaged. One sticks out the most is an orange GTO Judge.

Another Ahab

As sad as it may be I have been employed as a vehicle crusher. I crushed lots of vehicles. Memories of several Blazers, pickups, Suburbans from the 60”s thru the late 80s. Many Scouts , Jeeps. Pony cars, thousands over the years. That was and still is what happens to vehicles that are worn out or damaged. One sticks out the most is an orange GTO Judge.
It's okay though, cucvrus. It hurts. But. It has always been this way.

That moment is coming to us all:

- "Ashes to ashes; Dust to dust"

So dance some, and sing your song!

Another Ahab

I was doing some cleaning out of my basement and came across these glow plug cards. Is there anyone that does repairs of the circuit cards? It may be that 2 of the 3 are fine. I only see 1 burnt resistor but would rather know they are good before assuming they are good.
Being mostly nothing but a knucklehead "wood-butcher", I am not ENTIRELY sure...

But I believe that testing each single component on the board with a multi-tester will confirm effectiveness of the board (right?! Electiricty always struck me as part Voodoo).

But you probably know better yourself, cucvrus; it's all just a matter of time-and-patience (my simplified take-away about electronics and components).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks