• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Daily Driver Project

BadMastard

Hey Oldman! I'm bumping this one in the hopes you have something started here. I'm taking a m35a3 and trying to make it more street smart too! Slightly larger tires, dropping an axle and maybe a weather seal here and there. That'd be nice, not raining inside the truck!

In any case, keep up the thinking! it's going to lead you somewhere.

trukhead

Consider the speed rating of the tires MV use. I vaguely recall the A3 duece tires are 55 mph max. I don't know what the bigger trucks tires are rated at.

I think A3 tires destruct prematurely is cause the Military inflated them to 45 psi max due to CTIS and the tire itself sez it carries it's rated load a t 80 psi which is almost 2x the rated pressure for the rims.

The tires flex excessively and are run at half inflation their service life and I believe they are literally wore out even though they look ok.

Just my 2cents

Last edited:

SasquatchSanta

In short answer: YES. A longer answer is that I have never been a "Conformist" I usually end up being "Different" than the "Normal people". I like the idea of driving a part of American history. I like the idea that just maybe my truck helped save some soldier from a long walk after a battle or maybe it brought him the bullets he needed. I love "old ****". I wish it could talk and tell me it's life story. And, I just think it would be cool to have/drive/play with.

There is! :-D
Where do you plan to find insurance for your daily driver?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks