• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danger zone!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Better have a strong back. Toting 5 ton parts is like toting a sack of anvils.
This is sage advice.

I can pick up a deuce brake drum & hub assy and lift it up into the parts washer and clean it.

2 guys can carry around a 3053.

Wait until you move up to the big stuff-everything requires a hoist or tool to move around.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ain't nothing like a 5 ton extra long bed. Mine rides so smooth, and everybody is in awe of the sheer size of the monster. Once you go 5 ton, you won't go back............:doghead::beer:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I briefly drove :driver:an M923A2 back in the NG. I love the air brakes. Wish I had the cash to convert my M818 to full A/B. Still partial to the M809-series. I like the manual shift, seat of the pants operation. And, YES, that power steering:drool::drool:[thumbzup]

:doghead:

Last edited:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been decided by another...I got priced out...thank goodness, I think. The scale aspect was sobering and I'd play heck finding a place to put it, at the moment. Maybe later.

Thanks, gentlemen. It was both informative and entertaining.

PS
It is looking, however, like I scored an M105A2!