• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

In the zone of confrontation Ukrainian army and militia were deployed tanks 1st Separate Tank Brigade of the 8th Army Corps Ukraine. This compound, mostly armed with the best modification of the T-64: talking about BM "Bulat" ... Ukrainian military experts said that, thanks to the dynamic protection of "Knife", this tank "practically vulnerable to modern anti-tank weapons," as in the frontal projection, and with the boards...
mywyhim1bcc(1).jpgpeUkqyQh-M4.jpg

Question to the moderators - can make a separate topic for confrontation in Ukraine (only in photo, without politics)?
We have a lot of military equipment and can be interesting to use it ...
Plus, today announced that the United States was transferred to Ukraine 4 Apache ...
I think in my country will be something similar to vietnam ...

Carlo

In the zone of confrontation Ukrainian army and militia were deployed tanks 1st Separate Tank Brigade of the 8th Army Corps Ukraine. This compound, mostly armed with the best modification of the T-64: talking about BM "Bulat" ... Ukrainian military experts said that, thanks to the dynamic protection of "Knife", this tank "practically vulnerable to modern anti-tank weapons," as in the frontal projection, and with the boards...
View attachment 503771View attachment 503772

Question to the moderators - can make a separate topic for confrontation in Ukraine (only in photo, without politics)?
We have a lot of military equipment and can be interesting to use it ...
Plus, today announced that the United States was transferred to Ukraine 4 Apache ...
I think in my country will be something similar to vietnam ...
You think your country is going to be the next Vietnam, north or south?

datadawg

Hi guys. So ..
My town became the center of defense and resistance ... I hope we stand and win. God help us!

From our city museum tanks are taken to the front ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWIOgGzzyDs
Awesome video. Thanks USSR for posting. For those who don't understand Russian, I was pretty humored by the interview with the guy at the end of the video (presumably the museum director from whom the tank was taken). He said they were able to thwart past efforts to take the tank for war time use, but this time, his arguments were ineffective. "The other guys have machine guns and I don't, so it's hard to argue with them." Sounds like it wasn't exactly a cooperative effort. USSR, hopefully you and family are safe. I was born in Odessa and came to America as a child, it is incredible to me that Ukraine and Russia are now at war. It's just surreal, like having New Jersey and New York States bombing each other. Amazing what bad politics can accomplish.

Hopefully the conflict ends soon, and I presume there will be a lot of military gear "floating around". Maybe, just maybe, this will create an opportunity for armor collectors to pick up some pieces from enterprising capitalists selling stuff that never makes it back to the official army depot. I mean not stolen stuff or anything like that, but you know the old saying, "spoils of war..."

Carlo

Russia is not at war with Ukraine.
If Russia was at war - the war would have ended ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiAg3efJbB4

I disagree. If Russia was at war with Ukraine the war would involve most of Europe and the USA. The 'war' would have ended. In short WW3. It's dully noted Russia is pulling back from the border. I was a NATO officer for over 25 years and I can honestly say if an invasion by Russia happens help from NATO allies will arrive.
I would be interested to see the reaction from my SS brothers if this was same thing was to happen to Alaska. Ukraine is a NATO member country and we will stand by her!

datadawg

Russia is not at war with Ukraine.
If Russia was at war - the war would have ended ...
You are right, I was speaking colloquially, didn't route my commentary by the legal department first, to approve nomenclature :) regardless, it's a shame that former "comrades" are killing one another and civilians are getting hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks