• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

ZIL 2906
In the 70 years of the last century in connection with regular flights to our astronauts arose need for create vehicle for search for quick delivery and landed astronauts on the base. To solve this problem was developed by ZIL Search and Rescue Complex Blue Bird ". The complex consists of three 6-wheel all-terrain vehicle ZIL-4906. The first vehicle was a passenger, the second was used for the transport of the spacecraft, but the third carried on board the screw-terrain vehicle ZIL-2906 which was intended to search for astronauts in inaccessible areas. On the machine was installed 2 engine VAZ capacity of 70 hp

Specifications ZIL-2906:

Gross weight, kg - 2000
Maximum speed, km / h:
On the road - 65
on the water - 16
in the swamp - 20
in the snow - 45
Dimensions:
length - 4900
width - 2400
Height - 2200

In 1972 was designed screw-terrain vehicle carrying capacity of 2.5 tons and equipped with two engines of 180 horsepower - Zil 4904. The truth of it was not found and he remained in a single copy. Until early 2000 this unique machine was rusted in the open air at the landfill ZIL. Now 4904 was moved to the museum Auto Review magazine. Huge thank him!

Attachments

jamesfrom180

I thought with my exposure to drilling rigs I've seen every possible means of swamp traffic possible but that last one is pretty novel. These pictures are incredible. I was curious a wile back about the mobile nuclear power plants, got any thing lying around?

USSR

I thought with my exposure to drilling rigs I've seen every possible means of swamp traffic possible but that last one is pretty novel. These pictures are incredible. I was curious a wile back about the mobile nuclear power plants, got any thing lying around?
The Soviet Union was all a top secret ... even now, the legacy of the Soviet Union is a big secret) ... I just find in the Internet archives of interesting information and showed it to you)

USSR

I found American version of our swamp-stroke ...

Designers working in the program for creating MTV (Marginal Terrain Vehicle).
The device is capable of carrying 1500 kg of cargo or 14 troops with full kit. Maximum speed of 3.5 miles per hour.

Attachments

I found some videos of some previously mentioned vehicles

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojN5KJggjfI&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uynmApjhWI&feature=related[/media]

and an american modification People could do "snow Motor" like the screw drive

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjlSJf4274&NR=1[/media]

Last edited:

USSR

on today - all) Now 11-30 pm)))) and i go to bed and tomorrow be continue ....

USSR

"Project 80" - you do not learn from the military technical manuals and historical books. Tanks overtaking on the water all fast boats...People who have created this a unique project and brought it to mind already died.

On the Structure of Marine speed boats for tanks "Project 80" we were told the staff "Vympel" (in those days - CB "Volgobaltsudoproekt") and Navashino shipyard - now a Distinguished Engineer, in the past - the young designers and mechanics. Technical data we got in once-secret archives of the "Vympel". Only one question remained unanswered: whom and for what purposes needed a tank on a hydrofoil that can outrun any moving object on the water?

Development of craft began in the late 1950's. Tank pontoon, equipped with its own motor and hydrofoil designed by CB "Volgobaltsudoproekt" under the leadership of Mikhail Shchukin.

Wings developed in factory "Red Sormovo" (now the Central Design Bureau) - on the same factory born speed ship "Rocket" and "Meteor." Apparatus and got the engine from "Rocket" - Diesel M-50, with a peak capacity of 1200 hp.

High-speed landing craft consisted set of two boats. Like usual, no motorized pontoons, they hang on the sides of the tank, equipped with special fixtures.
In the transport position hydrofoils is were raised and resembles the wings on car racing. Raised and pressed to the board were the wings front and behind the tank.
Propeller and the steering wheel boats were combined with a rear hydrofoil, so the immersion depth screw can be adjusted.
Landing on water craft could be ready for launch within 45 minutes and loading / unloading of tank - 3 minutes.
Watercraft on the water "Project 80" immediately exceeded the design speed, speeding up to 58 km / h. But during one test - broke connector mounting. Boats separated and the tank went under water.
Not quite everything was smooth with seaworthy. Yes, the unit could move on water with waves up to five Balls, but only in displacement mode, with a corresponding low rate.
If you attempt to storm the stormy water at full speed pontoons literally dived into a wave.
Water enters the air intakes of engines, and diesels stoped....

The task which originally impossible solve - it's firing from the water.
For Shooting from a moving ship on shore targets required a different guidance systems and stabilizing devices.
The shock waves produced when fired, has a huge dynamic loads on the nodes pontoons and the mechanisms and on of their attachment to the tank. Should I talk about the threat to the health of crews ...
Designers managed to bring the car to mind. At a shipyard in Navashino, Rybinsk, Astrakhan was built 13 sets of high-speed landing craft "Project 80".
Experimental winged tank battalion based in Sebastopol. It was rumored that some of the cars went to the Baltic. And in 1971 the project was closed.

The creators of "project-80" focus on solving one very narrow problem - creating craft capable of transporting a tank of water at high speed. They left out of sight of the many technical and tactical issues that ultimately led to the collapse of the project. Certainly, war has its own laws. And yet, "project 1980"is a stunningly elegant and perfect product of Soviet engineering, which, unfortunately, destined to be forgotten.
Together with people who have seen boats their own eyes and die this machines . Last "surviving" the pontoon 80, or rather his body, stored in a closed-ended fund of the Museum of Armored Forces in Kubinka. With every desire to restore the museum staff did not succeed: all attachments machines, including the wings and tie, irretrievably lost - all boats "Project 80"made of high quality and expensive aluminum.

Attachments

USSR

In 1951 the Union began work on the creation of individual vessels for tanks. The first samples for the T-54 tank were produced in 1952 and at the same time were tested on the river Oka. In 1953-54 were carried out preliminary sea trials. In 1957, watercraft was accepted into service under the designation PST-54. Such funds to the infantry division, the state had to be up to 187 units (the number of tanks). Production was carried out in Navashino factory number 342, and additional equipment tanks at the Kharkov plant № 75. T-54 adapted for use by vessels has received factory index "object 485".

On foto: T-54 with a set of floating PST-54. 1952

Attachments

USSR

Parallel work was carried out to establish a craft for tank T-55 and ZSU-57-2 (had the notation, respectively, TFP-55 (Project K-4183) and PST. Modifed ZSU-57-2 received index "object 510"). In 1959, the plant № 342 and № 174 operations were performed for the Unification of boats. In 1960, an improved watercraft under the designation PST-U (universal) was accepted for service USSR.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks