• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

Set of PST-V consisted of five steel pontoons (the two main board and two folding side and aft), filled with foam. The total mass of boats of 10 tons. Reserve buoyancy of the tank T-54 was equal to 40%. Movement afloat by means of two propellers with power takeoff from the driving wheels of the tank. Maximum speed of the tank with the watercraft on land is 19 km / h, afloat - 12 km / h. Permitted towing at speeds up to 15 km / h. Watercraft fuel tanks had a capacity of 500 liters that ensures a range of 60-80 km (fuel from the tanks of the tank is not spent).

Attachments

USSR

Fording could be done with waves up to 5 points. Firing of the gun - to 1.5 points (for the ZSU-57-2 - anti-aircraft firing at targets with waves up to 2 points). Along with the tank allow the carriage of assault with a personal weapon to 25 people (for the ZSU-57-2 - 40 people). Inserting the craft on a tank carried by the crew for 35 minutes, the discharge is carried out instantly, without leaving the crew of the car. Watercraft PST-54 was transported on four trucks ZIS-151

Attachments

USSR

In 1962 passed the test of lightweight craft PS-1 to T-55 tank and a tank truck BPS-2. Weight of PS-1 was 5.5 tons ( aluminum alloy pontoons ), the maximum speed of the tractor BPS-2 with a watercraft: afloat forward - 13,7 km / h and back - 8 km / h, afloat of tugboat - up to 19 km / h on a dirt road - 25 km / h. Cruising in the light of additional fuel tanks - up to 100 km. BPS-2 transported on two ZIL-157V.

Attachments

USSR

In the years 1955-57. to CDB-50 was being developed this craft project 755 for the T-10. At the factory "Red Sormovo" in Gorky for testing was built three experimental craft project 755.

Attachments

USSR

The task of these inventions: as fast as possible to deliver the tanks through the Bosporus Strait ....

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Incredible thread! TONS of information and pics! THANK YOU for all the work and effort it takes to post such an indepth thread. I appreciate your diligent effort to translate the information into English, and for one, my hat is off to you! There really were/are some wonderous machines manufactured in the former USSR. Give credit where credit is due! Thanks again, and please continue to share with us here on SS!
(Heck, I can't even speak "American" very well, and we have fellow members that speak multiple languages! I'm an underachiever! :cookoo:)
God bless!
Tony:drool:

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of these passenger WIG USSR (he had flown over water)
Do you have any more pictures of the WIG from post 127? I have only seen similar 'from the front' photographs of that particular machine and am interested in what the rest looks like.

Great thread, I am enjoying it. Thank you. [thumbzup]

Cheers

USSR

Do you have any more pictures of the WIG from post 127? I have only seen similar 'from the front' photographs of that particular machine and am interested in what the rest looks like.

Cheers
Yes, I found more pictures ... ... I need to do an English translation ...

USSR

Cheers

Ok)

Attachments

Last edited:

USSR

Cheers

Especially for you ....

Soviet amphibious aircraft VAA-14

Performance:
Practical flight range - 2450 km;
Maximum speed - 760 km / h;
Practical ceiling 8000-10000 pm

The aircraft was designed to combat the rockets and multi-purpose submarines of the enemy in the near zone. Also considered the use of aircraft as the search and rescue. The design is mainly made of aluminum alloy with corrosion-resistant coating.
In front compartment was placed triple cockpit ( catapulted during emergency situations) and provides a rescue crew in all flight modes without the use of ejection seats. Behind the was cab is a engine compartment and weapons bays.
The aircraft was equipped with all the necessary operating systems: fire extinguishing system in the compartments of the power plant, defrosting system: fed hot air on the wing, tail and air intake, as well as the oxygen system and air conditioning system in the cockpit.

In antisubmarine version was to be located in the bomb bay with various armed weighing up to 2000 kg: 2 torpedo or 8 air mines IGMD-500 (an increase in payload to 4000 kg) or 16 bomb PLAB-250. Also considered the use of aircraft as the search and rescue. To defend the route patrols in this aircraft provided for defensive complex for providing create of active and passive jamming.

Bring to a series-built VAA-14 was not possible. After the death Chief Engineer of design work on the aircraft were suspended and then terminated. In the pilot plant had been launched two amphibians, which was called 1M and 2M. By the summer of 1972 VAA-14-1M was made​​. The first flight of the VAA-14 took place on Sept. 4, 1972. The test program was completed in 1975, the aircraft flew 107 missions (103 hours).
Specimens for museum aircraft VAA-14 (14M1P) was transferred to Monino of Taganrog in 1987.
He was taken by water in the suburban Lytkarino, where it was unloaded on the shore. In anticipation of the arrival of the helicopter, he remained unattended and was partially destroyed and damaged by unknown persons.
The damaged aircraft was delivered to the Mi-26 helicopter to the museum, where it is currently disassembled.
About the creator of the aircraft:
Roberto Bartini Lyudogovich. Real name - Roberto Oros di Bartini (Roberto Oros di Bartini), was born May 14, 1897 (Fiume, Austria-Hungary), died Dec. 6, 1974 (Moscow).
The pupil of his wife of Baron Ludovic Oros di Bartini. Participant 1-st World War. A member of the Communist Party of Italy. Soviet aircraft builder . Was prisoner. Commander of the Order of Lenin.

Attachments

USSR

more.....

Attachments

USSR

and more...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks