• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for all the effort you have put into sharing here on SS! Great thread, very informative and just plain fun to read! AMAZING machines, amazing people. Congratulations on your new daughter! They are a hand full!
God bless,

Tony:grin:

USSR

Gas-dynamic minesweeper "Progrev -T"
Defeat the enemy can be a thousand different ways. This - 1001y. The enemy can simply blow away. Forever. And at the same time to burn. Completely. At any depth.
Gas-dynamic minesweeper "Warm-T" and is intended for detection and destroy mines laid on roads covered with asphalt. Built on the chassis of the T-54 mounted with a turbojet engine VC-1.

With help gas jet tank was burned land mines. Mines that remained were raised to the surface using of "beak" visible from above. However, the dust at work, engorgement and low engine speed buried the idea.

Specifications of the system "Progrev-T"
- Combat weight - 37 tons;
- Bandwidth trawling - 10-12 m;
- Trawling speed - 1 ... 3 km / h;
- Reliability trawling - 99%;
- Continuous operation time - 2.5 hours;
- Minesweeping operations in depth - up to 20 cm (when working with the opener mechanism - up to 50 cm)

Attachments

USSR

TPP-3 - Transportable nuclear power carried on the four self-propelled tracked chassis, established on the basis of the T-10. TPP-3 was developed in the Physics and Power Engineering in Obninsk. The chassis has been developed in OKB Kirov Plant by lengthening the chassis of the T-10 (and, consequently, increasing the number of rollers to 10) and increasing the width of the track to keep ground pressure to the extent necessary.

Two-circuit thermal capacity of the heterogeneous water-moderated reactor that is installed on the two self-propelled - 8,8 MW (electricity, with generators - 1,5 MW). On the other two mobile units located turbine, generator and other equipment.

TPP-3 entered into trial operation in 1961. Subsequently, the program was phased out.

Attachments

jamesfrom180

Very cool! I have been fascinated by this application. These are the first pictures I have seen of the installed operation. I see now the intended use of the multiple building. Congratulations on the new daughter.

USSR

Object 327 - Soviet 152-mm self-propelled gun with a high degree of automation. CDB is designed plant Uraltransmash "under the leadership of NS Tupitsyna. The unofficial name - "Puck".

In this machine solved the problem of excess gas in the fighting compartment.The machine was created on crazy scheme, which resembles a plate ( and got the unofficial nickname of "puck"). The crew was housed in an isolated fighting compartment.
Series not was made.

Attachments

big block 88

in our country has always been .. so your Abrams - a useless pile of iron on our roads)) (but only do not be offended) ...

Watching the Abrams navigate the city of baghdad and i can tell you it was to large for alot of those streets. But nothing a 120 can't make disapeer.

Carry on this is very interesting stuff.

USSR

Initially, in this the topic I planned to talk about trucks, but now has expanded the list)))

USSR

These are just incredible wheeled monsters makes the Kraz , 10tons and Maz 537 to looks like toys next to them...

Jim
On photo - MAZ.

MZKT-79221 - a special heavy-duty wheeled chassis of the Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant. This chassis is used in the mobile launcher for the complex PT-2PM2 Topol-M". Was developed in 1996-1997., serial production started in 2000 for mounting civilian equipment manufactured modification MZKT-79221-100.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks