• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

and more)))))

Attachments

USSR

Thanks for sharing these nice photos !!!
At 20k seems feasible...Do you know any at this price range at the moment ?

Thanks,
Jim
We needed to know what is available now and in what state ... And as you'll be transported to Greece?)

USSR

Just curious how much these are selling for ???
Same goes for an MAZ 537 ???

Jim
Now there is only new (located in warehouses in conservation) - 26000 $ (according to the documents - tractor) if the conduct presale work ( paint, replacement of fluids and other), then $ 33000-35000.

USSR

Hmm interesting but I strongly prefer a used one...
Also this exceeds my budget a lot...

Thank you,
Jim
Yes it is expensive....
By the way, soon will be the super sale))) There are 2 pieces BTR 80, 4 pieces BTR 60, Mi-24 helicopters (4 pieces of intelligence) and (2- patrol), a cargo helicopter MI MTV, about a dozen pieces of tractors BAT 2 and BAT2TM and amphibian MTLBU .....

USSR

In 1967, the Moscow Experimental Mechanical Plant has mastered the small-scale production of swamp snowmobile B-1 "VITYAZ", prepared by the Special Design Office "Gazstroymashina "in collaboration with KB ZIL. An important feature of this vehicle - the low ground pressure - only 0.13 kg/cm2.In "VITYAZ" along each side instead of the usual track-circuits was are two rubber rope endless belt with the compounds in the form of forged steel.
Truckee are both supporting and leading elements of the caterpillars. Tapes are very strong - to break each of them to force at least 40 tons. To reduce the wear track and compensate for the difference between a step in their engagement with asterisks, stars made of rubber-cord. Road wheels on "VITYAZ" equipped car tires size 8.25 x15.
When create a design of this all-terrain vehicle used standard parts that have been applied at the time in automotive technology: the engine, cab, frame, gearbox, drive shaft, the conical couple of the main gear, body and brake chambers - the ZIL-130; spools pneumatic control - bus Zil-127 and so on. During the tests, "VITYAZ" showed higher permeability than some tracked vehicles.
However, it is not adapted to overcome water obstacles. In the winter "Knight" can move through the snow of any depth. B-1 is very good truck for the construction of the so-called winter roads for the first frost. Passing through the swamp, he squeezes out water that quickly freezes, forming ice, he can develop a speed of up to 27 kilometers per hour, and when moving through the marsh, deep snow - 10 miles per hour.

Attachments

USSR

I want a little distraction bit away from the theme topic and show you some engineering wonders of the former USSR.

On horizon radar "Duga"(Ukraine, Pripyat)

Titanic structure, built in 1985 to detect launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles, could operate successfully and to this day, but in fact the disks were less than year. Giant antenna height of 150 meters and length 800 has consumed so much electricity that has been built very close to the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, and, of course, ceased its operation together with the explosion of the station.

Attachments

USSR

Object 825 GTS – Balaclava

After the WW2 Soviets have decided to strengthen their submarine fleet. Hundreds of submarines (diesel and later atomic) were in need for bases on the all USSR shores. So in the mid 50′s the construction of these bases have been started in the Severodvinsk (Arctic ocean), Vladivostok (Pacific) and Balaclava (Black Sea).
Balaclava is a small Crimean town not far from Sevastopol. Now, after the collapse of the Soviet Union it’s a part of Ukraine. Back in the 1957 when the construction of highly confidential “Object 825 GTS” have been started, all town became a classified area.
The construction of the underground submarine base in Balaclava was accomplished in 1961. Submarine maintenance plant was hollowed out in the rock and covered by 56 meters of concrete. It can survive the direct nuclear strike up to 100 kilotons.
In case of nuclear attack enormous one meter thick metal doors could be closed and the base could live fully autonomously for three years giving space for 3000 people – all population of Balaclava and Object 825 personnel.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both the Radar and the Submarine Base are impressive structures.

Evidence of the MASSIVE investments that both the USSR and the USA made during the Cold War.

Your posting here is quite revealing, and attests to the obsolescence of these facilities. I can proudly say that the American Military Intelligence Community was fully aware of, and closely watched, the construction and operation of both facilities.

Thanks for posting this up....

BTW, the Radar pics reminded me of my personal fear of heights.... NOPE, I would NOT climb up there !

trukhead

THank you for your very interesting and enjoyable thread. Thanks for the time you have spent creating thiws thread. Congratulations to your for your new daughter!

I bet when this radar was electrified it made one helluva bugzapper!

[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks