• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm pretty sure I will be there on the afternoon of Thursday. I'm still hoping to make it for lunch, but not sure if that's practical. Advantage, spent last night working on the tarp/bow kit for my M880 with a good friend, and he's going to finish it up while I'm TDY today.

wilfreeman

I added a few more folks to the MKT list this morning...
If you haven't signed up already, you are too late for guaranteed food...but I should have some extra at each meal in case someone is hungry, just not enough for a stampede... .
Hey, you tried - can't force 'em!

michigandon

Clarification on small arms for steel targets:

Pistol calibers, no 5.56mm

Rifles that shoot pistol calibers are great.

Shot guns welcome! Short ones are better for moving with them.

I'll have firearms that shoot .40 S&W and 12 guage there if you want to shoot them. I'm still debating on weather or not to bring my good .270 out to play.

BRING SHOOTING/SAFETY GLASSES! And of course hearing protection.
Is there a place where we can shoot 30-06? I was planning on bringing my Garands.

Ford Mechanic

I'm sure, we're shooting the .50 cal at a 400 yard range. We'd have to set the steels at 100 yards to shoot them with anything bigger.

It would be a better question for Tactical Mike, but I think i recall him saying to bring rifles if you wanted to shoot them.

I'd rather just shoot the steels with pistol/shotgun caliber stuff it doest tear the targets up. Even at 100 yards and them being armor plate rifle rounds tear them up. And then they'd need to be repaired prior to close up handgun fun as holes half way thru them doesn't do well to properly diseneragrate and deflect the rounds.

I've got another shoot to provide them for on the 20th of this month with no time to repair them.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to report that I will be AWOL. Sold one of the M816's and they want to pick it up this weekend. Good thing. I already have there check in the bank.

wilfreeman

The little General Store on site is usually open and sells it.
They have limited hours though - might want to make a stop OTW.

Is there a place where we can shoot 30-06? I was planning on bringing my Garands.
Man, I wish I could be there for the range time - I would bring my Garand and Carbine too!

I'm sure, we're shooting the .50 cal at a 400 yard range. We'd have to set the steels at 100 yards to shoot them with anything bigger.
Again - going to miss this too. I've never shot a Barrett. An M2 yes, but not a Barrett!

DanM7890

I looked and there is a lazer wash in denton. Which wont be worth a crap for the bigger trucks. Their are a few car washes down in troy which is about 10 miles south of uwharrie. Ill continue looking and see if i can find a carwash closer to the farm park.

I was going back through and was thinking about this. There's water hookup at the park, I could bring up my gas pressure washer for some of you to use to clean up your trucks after the trail ride. Just toss me a couple bucks for the fuel and I'm happy to help.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going back through and was thinking about this. There's water hookup at the park, I could bring up my gas pressure washer for some of you to use to clean up your trucks after the trail ride. Just toss me a couple bucks for the fuel and I'm happy to help.
I thought about that too. As long as the park doesn't mind the water usage, that would maybe be cool. I pressure washed mine over the weekend and it made a huge difference. You could definitely charge for your "truck wash" LOL.

DanM7890

My only issue is people using it too long, just a quick spray to get all the dust off. If someone pulls up muddy, I may have to charge for that. :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks