• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

tacticalmike

we are going to go by the farm park on friday and also going to visit jim henry. if anyone has any questions please post up that way we can try and answer them when we return. i plan on taking a few pictures of the camping spots and posting them up here so everyone can get an idea of how big this place is. thanks.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might help those who intend to get power to take a pic or two of the power drops and make sure that we have the right "regulations" regarding fires and such. I can add this information to the Facebook event page as well.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Please find out what the earliest day we can arrive is. In the past we've been the first event of the year and the park was still winterized, no water,then leaks when turned on, bathhouses not ready, Dons wife repaired the hot water heater? Please don't take these as complaints they were Johnny on the spot to take care of it. We just need to know when the park will be ready?

Thanks Micro

tacticalmike

Please find out what the earliest day we can arrive is. In the past we've been the first event of the year and the park was still winterized, no water,then leaks when turned on, bathhouses not ready, Dons wife repaired the hot water heater? Please don't take these as complaints they were Johnny on the spot to take care of it. We just need to know when the park will be ready?

Thanks Micro
i agree with that....thanks for the input because we had no idea. we will discuss all this with them and more on Friday (if) anyone is there.
Thanks.

tacticalmike

Might help those who intend to get power to take a pic or two of the power drops and make sure that we have the right "regulations" regarding fires and such. I can add this information to the Facebook event page as well.
i was wondering who did the facebook page..thanks for getting that going. much needed and appreciated.

DanM7890

Would love to come and look at member's rides. If my EUC is cleared by then I'll bring my M998. If not I would love to come see all your vehicles, and hope I don't catch the bug.

wilfreeman

Would love to come and look at member's rides. If my EUC is cleared by then I'll bring my M998. If not I would love to come see all your vehicles, and hope I don't catch the bug.
Come on up - it's not too far from Charlotte. If you bought a 998, you've already got it!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Dude you got the green iron addition!!! you'll be trying to sell the kids to get your next fix! Be sure to make Denton truck or not best bunch of people you'll ever meet!! When the wife says anything I tell her I could have a crack habit so this ain't so bad:shrugs::shrugs:

tacticalmike

The first post has been edited with information. We are trying to keep something going all the time for fun entertainment. We will be adding in more fun things to do as we get closer to April. Thank You!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have added the information to the facebook page, please let me know fi the wording works ok for the BBQ event (remember the facebook event is public, not just steel soldiers peeps)

tacticalmike

I have added the information to the facebook page, please let me know fi the wording works ok for the BBQ event (remember the facebook event is public, not just steel soldiers peeps)
BBQ Convoy is for us guys with trucks. out of respect for my friend wheelspinner let him be the judge......id rather he make that call.......his property.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also like to recommen that we also donate to the BBQ to help
I would like to see this as our spring type rally but I don't want to freeload on Pat or anything like it.
We as a group really enjoyed the convoy and food so everyone think and decide what we need to donate.
Pat is providing the place they are doing all the work the least we can do is help with the food cost.

wilfreeman

I would also like to recommen that we also donate to the BBQ to help
I would like to see this as our spring type rally but I don't want to freeload on Pat or anything like it.
We as a group really enjoyed the convoy and food so everyone think and decide what we need to donate.
Pat is providing the place they are doing all the work the least we can do is help with the food cost.
I second that - I have no problem paying my way. Pat is more than generous enough in providing the location and facilities for the event. No sense in him PAYING for it too. I say we need a total from Blake, divide it by the # of attendees, and round UP! Sorry Pat, I know we had this discussion last year and you were against asking for donations - time that we step up and contribute if we are going to continue this bbq convoy. I think you will still have plenty of participants that don't mind paying for an excellent meal!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blake and I sure appreciate this gesture, but as we have said before it is our pleasure to host, and invite as guests those that have a military vehicle (or their invited rider) to participate in our convoy and meal. The Facebook page should simply state that a Military truck convoy is leaving, and nothing more. The purpose of the convoy is for all of us to enjoy it. Unfortunately allowing people to pay and invite themselves (other spectators etc) just opens up a version of this Blake and I don't want, as I'm sure none of us do. The purpose of the convoy and meal is camaraderie and fun for us MV enthusiasts. As Bikeman alluded to, bookface is very public. We want the publicity, but some details should only be discussed here (which I know still has some level of public also) to maintain our ability to account for who will be planning to attend, as we will be asking for RSVPs here etc.

Its hard to say that without sounding wrong, but I'm sure we all get it.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've edited it a bit more, but yes, that particular is meant to be an invite only thing. I hope that it reflects that way (even more now).

wb1895

I will do my best to be there with the Deuce. I tried to come last year but Uncle Sam thought I should be across the pond instead.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks