• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

Ford Mechanic

Wheelspinner ' s BBQ convoy is a free event. There was talk about doing a donation for something earlier in the thread. Alot of us are doing what we can to make sure this isn't the last year for the event.

Last edited:

tacticalmike

Hey I got a question I have never been to this or really posted here before but I'm planning on coming Friday and Saturday with my M35a2. I was wondering how much does it cost to get in. And a little bit more info on the trail ride and the convoy to the bbq
im not sure of any cost yet. the park has to be rented. in the past he charged per head. we are talking to him about a weekend pass for the guys with trucks to make it cheaper on us. the t-shirts is wheelspinner idea and we are going to work togrther on this to help cover the huge cost of insurance for the event. camping is charged by the park. check their site for info. but plan to pay jim for that because im pretty sure he is responsible.its all very affordable and going to be a lot of fun.

Ford Mechanic

im not sure of any cost yet. the park has to be rented. in the past he charged per head. we are talking to him about a weekend pass for the guys with trucks to make it cheaper on us. the t-shirts is wheelspinner idea and we are going to work togrther on this to help cover the huge cost of insurance for the event. camping is charged by the park. check their site for info. but plan to pay jim for that because im pretty sure he is responsible.its all very affordable and going to be a lot of fun.
Last year we paid the park and made a reservation. So we need to call Jim this year?

driver200150

Last year we paid the park and made a reservation. So we need to call Jim this year?
We are working on all the details. As soon as w have them we will let you know. Right now I think we are just charging admission for the general public. The ones that are camping are in charge of paying for their own camp site.

If anyone has questions don't call Jim Henry. You can ask either me or Tacticalmike. We have pretty much taken the reigns on this event. As Jim is busy with other things. If we cannot answer you question right at the second you ask we will have an answer for you in a day or 2.

Thanks

Last edited:

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you'll go for it.

What have you got to lose (especially when you're so close)?
Done! I went this past weekend and passed the Technician and General Class license exams. I also went ahead and bought a GMRS license a couple weeks ago in case I decide to do anything with GMRS. I will have my handheld radio with me at the rally. Maybe I can outfit the LMTV with a mobile radio setup, that would be cool.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't know if you guys have posted this to the G503 thread or MVPA website /events page? would be a good place to pull in some good people.

tacticalmike

any up date on the campsite reservation info?
camping: Pay at the gate. Jim will have to pay the park at the end of the event.
Gate fee : Military current or non-current with id gets in free. Exhibitors meaning....if you bring an mv to the event you get in free .......everyone else its $10.00 for the week pass.

Another Ahab

camping: Pay at the gate. Jim will have to pay the park at the end of the event.
Gate fee : Military current or non-current with id gets in free. Exhibitors meaning....if you bring an mv to the event you get in free .......everyone else its $10.00 for the week pass.
That's a good deal; great idea!