• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

Ford Mechanic

More convoy pics. We had a hiccup on the convoy with a M37 getting a flat tire. With half the convoy stopping to help I don't think a Nascar pit crew could have changed it faster!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well all I can say is WOW! What an incredible spring dust off!!!! I can't thank tacticalmike and driver200150 enough for all of the work getting the word out and getting folks here. I lost count of vehicles but was prob at or close to 50 at least and a couple dozen trailers. The MKT was all set up and good food was had by all who had asked for the entire event (Thanks Cabell!!!!) We had some really fun convoys to the gun range on Thursday and the BBQ on Friday. There was a group that went to the Uharrie park for some trail rides and lots of in the park chances to try out vehicles you might not ever own. I personally got to drive a mule, M38A1 and a HEMMTT. what a great great time. We had 34 MVs in our BBQ convoy and lots of good food was had (THANKS TO BLAKE!!!!!!) and the weather? Well how do you complain about cool nights that are perfect for campfires and 75 degree sunny days??? It just couldn't have been any better. I sure hope more folks can get NC on their calander for next year. Until then I'll see a lot of my old and new friends in GA in Oct !

Thanks again to ALL who took the time and money to come join us. See you soon or see you next year!

DanM7890

Ken Coffey,
Thank you for letting me drive your HEMMTT!
It is Amazing!
where was I? Haha

Thanks for everyone who made this event possible. I had the gf come up on Friday and she was also blown away with how big the event really was. She even bought some ammo cases for her old vinyl records. Overall it was a great kickoff for the spring/summer. I'm looking forward to the GA meet as I will be attending. Not sure in which vehicle yet.

Al Harvey

Well I finally made it home. Pulled in the driveway about 20min ago. Big Thanks to everyone that made the show possible. This was my first time at the Denton Rally and I had a blast! Finally got to put some more faces to names. Definitely worth the 540mile/9hour trip!!!!!

I had the gf come up on Friday and she was also blown away with how big the event really was. She even bought some ammo cases for her old vinyl records.
Next year I'll hide my big storage boxes from her. LOL

michigandon

Cruised on home with no problems, home by noon. Total equipment casualties for the weekend: One M1 Garand Op Rod spring, and one passengers side window regulator.

Many thanks to ALL responsible for such a memorable event.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks