• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce batteries or starter

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, and yes.

Ok I had a bolt too long holding the flywheel from bellhousing my fault wow works great now lol.Thank you doghead so much for all your help and others as well now on to finding that sleeve and pin for transmission.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

This is why Doghead wanted you to turn the engine over by hand, to see if there was a mechanical interference somewhere in the power train. Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out. We live & learn, this forum & its members are a great asset to the hobby.

Ok she's up and running need to adjust new brakes and bleed them spongy.I also wanted to note 5th was kind of stiff going in.Its probably because of sleeve pin and needing broke in I think.

rustystud

Ok I had a bolt too long holding the flywheel from bellhousing my fault wow works great now lol.Thank you doghead so much for all your help and others as well now on to finding that sleeve and pin for transmission.
You did use the correct flywheel bolts right ? You cannot just use any old bolt here. First off they need to be grade '8' and second they need to have a shoulder to engage the flywheel so it does not loosen. If you used the correct bolts then it would not have had any contact with the housing.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Please try to explain what bolt you are talking about, I don't understand your post.

Bell housing bolts not fly wheel bolts. Those bolts are brand new from were that LDS was rebuilt.The bellhousing I used a longer bolt to help line up on bottom.I am sorry for the confusion just been running ragged working on my truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks