• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce M35A3 Tires

trukhead

Actually 4 skid of 4 tires and 4 skids of 3 tires. I think the average price was about $300 - $365 a piece before shipping, sales tax and GL's 10%. That was the first bunch of tires I saw in a year on the site.2cents

Rustygears

Why pay 50% of new mpt-81 that are the NATO stock tires for sight unseen mich rot masters? Mich always had a problem with rot. For my safety and that of the vehicles on the road around me, I'll buy new contis from a legit dealer that I have recourse with should I have any problems or find any defects. Seems like a pretty risky gamble. I'll leave that to the poker players and home flippers!

Last edited:

trukhead

Here's what the 7 lots I saw on went for:
3 tires lot# 8601 $1070
4 tires lot# 8602 $1,320
4 tires lot# 8603 $1,350
4 tires lot# 8604 $1,170
4 tires lot# 8605 $1,170
3 tires lot# 8606 $945
3 tires lot# 8607 $945

Add state sales tax if applcable, GL's 10%, transportation.............
why I spent the time writing this................:confused:

:mrgreen: :grin: :driver: :deadhorse: :twisted:I guess I like playing with the smilley faces :shock:

HFDm715

we were gonna buy a set,pair, whatever on GL, but didnt feel like paying that kind of money for new tires that are 6, 7, 8 years old. Im gonna go down the firehouse and check the dates on our tires, there is still one with cracks, that will be thrown out when the new ones get here and go on. after seeing that one blow the tread, we cant take any chances with old tires.

Duane

CanonNinja

crappit.... seems the wildfires here in Texas have all but wiped out the supply of 14.5s within the state. G20s and Michelin 395s a plenty, but I dont want to cross that bridge yet if I dont have to

Rustygears

we were gonna buy a set,pair, whatever on GL, but didnt feel like paying that kind of money for new tires that are 6, 7, 8 years old. Im gonna go down the firehouse and check the dates on our tires, there is still one with cracks, that will be thrown out when the new ones get here and go on. after seeing that one blow the tread, we cant take any chances with old tires.

Duane
All 7 tires on my '95 A3 were 1995 date code Mich XL. Seems they might have been the original tires since the truck had less than 10K on the clock. The front right was rotten to the point that I could easily wedge coins in the sidewall cracks. The rest were in various states of decay and 3 wheels leaked air like a sieve. This was a disaster waiting to happen. I was naive enough to drive it 100 miles home, including freeway, with 80 PSI on each wheel.

Boy, what I've learned! And thankfully, lived to tell others lest they be as ignorant or foolish as I, possibly with a tragic outcome.

Rustygears

Got two mpt-81 on the steer axle. Rotated stuff aroun to put the best 4 on the back. Now I'm saving change to buy another two new mpt-81 for a rear axle. Eventually they will all be mpt-81. The 81's have the same dimensions as the 14.5 r20 so you can mix. I wouldn't do that on the steer axle though ( and I didn't). The mpt-81 has a more aggressive looking tread pattern and I think it may have better traction than the original mich XL tires.

RealCavDog

Trying to find MPT tires for the A3 wheels in 15.50, for the extra speed, is about impossible, the 14.50s seem a bit easier, and of course the 395s are not too bad at all, but I am a bit concerned about the bead issue. Know it can be done, but trying to do it within design specs is really being a bear ! :shock:

ANOTHER reason I was torn between my A3, and a bobbed A2 that I could run 14.00 Goodyears on stock wheels !

Oh Well ! If it was easy, everyone would be doing it ! :razz: The research continues . . . . . !

RealCavDog

Can someone tell a newbie what the difference between the 14.5x20 XL michelins and a 1400x20 tire is? Will the 1400x20 tire fit on an A3 stock rim, and without lifts, etc.

About 3 inches taller than the 395s and NO ! not only will the duals not fit, the 14.00 has the same bead problem, as discussed prior, they may seat in fine and work like the 395s, but the tall profile kills the deal !

Rough numbers are 14.5s : 43" tall, 395s : 47" tall, 14.00s : 49" tall

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...14-5r20-what-does-mean.html?highlight=14.5R20

Believe me when I say . . . .I WISH !

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelpilot1

After reading all of the pros and cons I decided to put Goodyear Mt/V 395s on my A3. All of the tires are old date codes and although they held air pressure fine two of them had cracks that made me nervious driving with them. The cost of purchasing two 14.5 Michelins that matched was going to be more costly than a set of newer 395s. So after a few hours work the new tires seem to fit the A3 rims fine and although there is a slight difference between the bead area. The fit on the truck is good and the tires look good and seem to drive quieter and smoother than the Michelins. The spacing between the rear duals is close, just over 1 inch, but it has been said that an inch is as good as a mile. I will post any problems that come up due to the goodyears.

Attachments

HFDm715

well, we got our 2 brand new michelin 14.5 20r delivered today, they are much softer when they are new. dates on the michelin tags are 8/2011, gonna say you dont get much newer then that for a tire made overseas. now its time to figure out the best 4 used for the rears, and swap them all out.

Duane

jaymcb

well, we got our 2 brand new michelin 14.5 20r delivered today, they are much softer when they are new. dates on the michelin tags are 8/2011, gonna say you dont get much newer then that for a tire made overseas. now its time to figure out the best 4 used for the rears, and swap them all out.

Duane
where'd you buy'em, and what'd you pay? (if you're willing to share)

Rustygears

I bought my authorized NATO replacement conti mpt-81 for only $650 each plus tax and another $125 for total freight cost. That is alot cheaper than $925 per mich. How much was freight?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks