• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

Lonesome715

That is my biggest hang up. In order to make mine look good and adress the under side issues, I have to get rid of all th eunder coating. Not a simple task.

Lonesome715

I was thinking that. But I would hate to put all that effort and money out for the top side to look great. Then you look under it... and, well.... Hmmmm.

It looks like I will be adding a winch as well. A frind of mine gave me one a while back and I have been trying to figure out what to do with it. Then, I recently stumbled upon the brackets I need. So I guess I will have a winch truck now. The deuce projects are never ending aren't they?

RAYZER

The deuce projects are never ending aren't they?

Yes they are!!!

Well today i feel like alot was accomplished! Thanks to highfavor who came over to help,and volunteered for all of the crawling around underneath to paint the bottom side ( see pic 1 ) while i took care of most of the top side,thanks for lending a hand AJ! This half of the truck was definitely the most frustrating to clean up and paint, did i mention never ending peeling paint??? The rest will be a breeze and with any luck ,blast the rest of the truck next weekend!

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray the tractor looks factory new. Who is that in pic #1 with the red oxide gun...? Cant be you unless they just lowered your ears recently..? How much weight do you think the tractor can pull with a full load..?

RAYZER

Ray the tractor looks factory new. Who is that in pic #1 with the red oxide gun...? Cant be you unless they just lowered your ears recently..? How much weight do you think the tractor can pull with a full load..?
Thanks for the props Don,And That's not me! My hair is gray and Im not that goodlooking!
As for what it Will haul,Im not sure, but with the 11-20s going on,Will give me much better load capacity over the almost maxed out 900-20s on the front.

Attachments

RAYZER

Well guys, my luck held out and all the hard work has paid off!
Now,there are only minor parts to install,paint and install spare tire rack,paint and put on new wheels,install new door rubber and door windows,a little more paint up underneath,touch up motor compartment, install new top and a few other small details and the cosmetic phase of this project should be a wrap!!

So,this morning i left the house around 10 and headed out to my lz in the deuce.
On my way over, i ran across two sheriff department mv's coming from the other way.
One was a real nice od green deuce with a cargo cover and sheriff department black star on the door and the other was a 6 wheel thingy.
Well,everyone's hands went up and horns went on at the same time!! I was so excited that i missed my turn!
Anyway,my first task was to erect some kind of sun shield over the truck because it was going to be 95°,so i broke out the giant harbour freight trap and 100' of rope,this made made painting today possible.
Altogether i worked on this today 8 hrs. Im exhausted!

Attachments

Lonesome715

That looks so much better. I see you installed the clevis lugs under the bumper. I am doing the same thing but ran into a problem. I now have all the brackets I need to install my winch but the long bolts are not long enough to go through the second set of lugs. Did you run into the same problem? Did you have to buy new bolts? If so how much should I budget for new quality bolts?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good as always Ray. 95 degrees, must be nice. Whats the tractors name..? Since it will be hauling the "Tage Mahal "around it better be something cool. Any ideas..?

RAYZER

Thanks!
Yes,there are space tubes that the front long bolts run through, one space tube on the r side is welded in on the old style winch mount which i have.you have to find a 1" longer bolt for that one space, and use single bolts top and bottom in therest of the front holes, the back bolt should be just long enough to accommodate.
i found my grade 8 long bolt on ebay.

Lonesome715

How was the primer to spray on? I have heard some of the red primer is real thick and you either have to thin it down to almost water like or get a special gun just for that type of red primer.

RAYZER

Looking good as always Ray. 95 degrees, must be nice. Whats the tractors name..? Since it will be hauling the "Tage Mahal "around it better be something cool. Any ideas..?
Ah! The name! I have one in mind but will wait to reveal it until it is Stenciled on!
I hope you will think it's cool!

RAYZER

How was the primer to spray on? I have heard some of the red primer is real thick and you either have to thin it down to almost water like or get a special gun just for that type of red primer.
You will have to thin the primer as recommended if Yor spraying from a gun,i used cans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks