• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

SMOKEWAGON66

The lolipops are an add-on because of safety...drivers to either side of the truck could not see the turn signals so some places added these backwards facing ones or red on back yellow on front lolipops. With those on, a driver on either side who is up past your rear mudflaps can see if your signalling. I dont know the WHOLE actual story to them, but thats what I know about them...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the lollipop lights are suppose to face to the rear,but i could be wrong.
It also seems that the lenses should be red?
Here's a pic of another example.
I love that truck.... can't get over it everytime I see it, I want to build one so bad.

I have seen them all three ways-
amber one sided facing front, amber one side facing rear, and amber and red with red facing rear. I would think the amber one sided facing front is kind of redundant, makes much more sense to have them face the rear or use a double sided one.

Your truck is looking great too.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lollipops that are orange and red are mounted red rearward. If they are orange only, they also point rearward (in the instructions). As stated; they are for vehicles that are beside you to see that you are changing lanes. They were used mostly overseas. Saturn Surplus has them NIB for $12.50 a side.

http://saturnsurplus.com/lights/lollipopbrkt.htm

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

That deuce brush guard is awesome. Factory bumper and simple steel tube make it look clean and cool. Diggin it. Is there more you can tell us on it?

RAYZER

are those tires not directional?
You are correct sir,when i bought them, they were all mounted the same way except two,i need to have some turned around on the rim.
But, i took her for a spin today and wow,what a big difference these tires make!
After tomorrow,this project Will be 99% done!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks