• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Security

dittle

I think I would rather have it under the clutch then the brake pedal. If for some reason they could get it moving, I would want them to stop instead of running something or someone over.
quote]

Another thing to look at with this idea in mind would be under the gas pedal somehow. As slow as a deuce is in the first place if they can only go at an idle that would make it even more unwanted by a thief.

Westex

The problem with an exposed lock shackle is that you can 'nip' it with bolt cutters. I'm not throwing any darts here, but if you look at all of the above, which would you put a pair of compound bolt cutters on? And by the way, I live in El Paso, and our biggest industry is auto theft, behind drugs, behind.....cutting through the fence.......

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............. And by the way, I live in El Paso, and our biggest industry is auto theft, behind drugs, behind.....cutting through the fence.......
:funny:

I'm considering a battery power disconnect similar to the old knife-disconnects except with a removable copper blade (possibly on an insulated handle). This blade would then be the "key" to the truck.

I envision something that simply looks like a hole in the floor where this "connection key" would need to be inserted to complete the power circuit.

Does anyone know of such a device already "off the shelf" or should I continue my design efforts?

joeypushjr1

its not the bast pic but i made this e break lock with 1/8 inch L bracket welded to 1" 5/8 unistrut. installed galvinised 1/2 chain. ... when i cut the chain down to size i went threw an entire 4 inch cut off wheel you aint cutting this easy. then all you need is a lock of some sort. wrap the handle and lock it and that ock isnt comming down. also i chained the stear wheel . and made a engine stop leaver lock similar to gunboys. . heck i gave him the idea .. lol you know i did scott...

Attachments

Westex

Again, I chime in in the interest of our site and deuce security. My points:
1. You can cut most any chain with a pair of bolt cutters.
2. You cannot cut a lock off if you cannot get to the shackle.
3. The illegal 'visitors', to be politically correct, are now coming across with said bolt cutters;
4. The illegal 'visitors' are also coming across with a host of keys for Master locks (at least one instance of this in the last 9 months in my regioin)
5. Lesson: If the illegal 'visitors' are doing this, other criminals may join in with same methodology in YOUR area.
6. Analysis: Don't use chain as a last resort to secure your Deuce; use different keys/and or locks.
******Just a post on my experiences along our new war zone*******

4x4forlife

I haven't picked up my deuce yet but this is one thing I've been considering since first looking into buying one. My idea was to just put a good lock on the battery door and also have either a keyed or just switch type circuit interrupter on the ground of the battery... then again there's not much theft around my parts unless you own a lowered civic.. don't even lock my truck (daily driver) half the time. Only thing stolen was change and of course my last pack of newports lol from my center consel.. and my gps, and ipod were moved out of the way to take said change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks