• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Shopping at Smyrna.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, how many folk here are shopping for a deuce at Smyrna? I'm seriously watching them and will most likely bid on one. I'm hoping the price stays reasonable with 75 trucks at one location.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are several trucks I am going to bid on.....but only one that has ny name indelibly etched in it :D

There are a few multifuels here and there (not at Smyrna I may bid on as well).

FreightTrain

Banned
There are 2 trucks I am going after.....well.me and wrecker.The {clinto rig} and the one everyone know what I need off of it.........SO BACKOFF!!!!

Blood_of_Tyrants

I am just a few miles from the lot and I am going to try to preview them Monday. PM me with the lot numbers you are looking at and what you would like me to specifically look for and I'll be glad to give a report.

Careful, FreightTrain. If I were you, I would delete that post.

jasonjc

There are 200-300 up for bid this go round. Prices shuoght stay low. I seen a bunch last night with no bids at all.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Re: RE: Deuce Shopping at Smyrna.

jasonjc said:
There are 200-300 up for bid this go round. Prices shuoght stay low. I seen a bunch last night with no bids at all.
That is what I am hoping. I think I counted 217 trucks being sold in this event alone. In 10 days, there are a bunch more about 100 miles west of me going on sale, too.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They've been running around $3,000 for a m35a2 wo/w at this location. Don't forget you have to add 10% + tax. I may bid on a couple if the price is right but I look for them to go for around $3,000 also. You may or may not think that's too high but I do.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Heads up on Lot 4143 at this location. NO BRAKES was written in large letters on the door.

Lot 4168 has the starter button missing. It looks to have been cannablized for another vehicle.

Also, 4146 fuel cutoff cable broken. She started right up and I ran it a couple of minutes looking at oil pressure then went to shut it down and the fuel cutoff knob pulled right off so I put it in 5th and eased out on the clutch until it stalled.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,to shut them off without a cable all you have to do is pull the rod out on the side of the IP.I shut mine down like that whenever I change the oil.I fire it up and watch for a few minutes to make sure nothing is leaking and then just pull the rod out by hand.

FreightTrain

Banned
SHUT UP!!!!!Hee hee hee,Now everyone knows about them.....Rule one around here.You find a steal KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT TILL THE AUCTION IS OVER or only in PMs.No open chat or postings.

Delete that post..... :evil: :twisted:

Somemedic

My sister wants to open a furniture store and asked if I help her. I figured getting one of these deuces I could deliver and pick up orders. She gets her sstuff out of Chicago where hotels drop off the old crap they dont want. They sell pallet at a time. Im trying to convince her to front me the cash. Smyrna has some nice 35's but the pics of the truck in SC was sooo clean. Even the bed was green. Axles were just beautiful. I can get the time off to go pick it up but Im very hesitant to big after hearing the stories about GL and how they arent call ing folks back or losing paperwork.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have several of these trucks in my sights.
Hope I'm not bidding agin too many of ya.
The real object of my desire is a 5 ton tractor. :mrgreen:
If I don't get that its' Katy bar the door on dueces.
It ain't over til the fat lady sings .
May the best man win. :lol:

Flea

Wow this is discouraging. Every lot I bid on, I'm outbid by the SAME FRIGGIN' PERSON!

I hate corporations that take this out of the hands of the enthusiasts. Probably going to Mexico or some other national government that has never done anything to help the us. :roll: