• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce w/ hiab 950 knuckleboom

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, the 765A only needs 24 inches of clear frame, so I see your problem.
Details about the mounting later.....I'd hate to cut the bed, though.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
BFR, hurry up! I have stuff you need to pick up!

andyindy

Very useful and practical project. I LIKE IT!!!! Is any frame reinforcement required or is stock strong enough? Just thinking outloud, but with the weight of the crane behind cab, instead of cutting bed, slide it back enough to use as is, even with bed"centered" over tandems,truck would"balance out" and relieve some weight off of a already loaded front axle. It could interfere w/ trailer hitching, but I think it would still work.
You know the thing I like best about this site is I consider us all friends here, even tho we haven't all met in person, we can trade ideas and kick problems around and come up with solutions, and generally no one takes offense. The moderators remind us from time to time to mind our manners, and this is why this site is the best one I haver seen!!
Didn't intend to go off on a different tangent, so I'll give it a rest. BFR, keep us posted of your progress!! Andy.........

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have anything productive to add to this thread. Just thinking how useful that setup would be and wishing to find a "sugar momma" to foot the bill.
You need to find your "LaFawnda" :roll:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
after close inspection, two of the data plates are legible with concerted effort.
One says "Do not stand under load" the other is the load chart, it reads "Safe Working Load"
5000kg/11000lb @ 1.9m/6.3ft
3750kg/8250lb @ 2.4m/7.9ft
2650kg/5850lb @ 3.5m/11.5ft
1800kg/3900lb @ 5m/ 16.4ft
1200kg/2650lb @ 6.5m/21.4ft
I got a spec sheet for the boom today, and it includes the rating for the manual extension...
750kg/1650lb @ 8.4m/27.5ft

WPNS421

Anyone interested in a hiab crane I have one. The Crane was mounted on an M211 Cdn and is self contained. The crane has been checked by a hydraulic garage and they told me it works fine. All you need is a transmission mounted pump . If anyone is interested I will also sell the truck it came with a 1952 M135, everything goesfor $1000.00 Good project truck. I have a M36C :-D:-Dwith a crane see my avatar.:-D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wpns241, pm sent

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Justin or Bjorn
have either of you disassembled the hook/swivel mount?(see pic below) Mine is awol and I will need to make up a replacement any close up pics and measurements would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Item #48 is important. There are probably any number of hooks that will work with it.
For the mechanical extension, I have a different hook...I look for pictures....

Edits: Right click and open link in new window for full res. Added image showing both hooks.

Attachments

Last edited:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
an update...
-I have the steel cut for the frame spacer (along with holes drilled for the rivet heads)
-the pto & sprocket are installed
-A hydraulic tank from a M1084 is working its way to me
-the pump is on order
I have laid out a pump mount that will also function as a tensioner, but will wait until I have the pump in hand before I try it.
I still need to remove and lower my spare tire mount and have new mounting hardware made up.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I brought the steel home and tacked the top spacers together. I also marked the side plates for cuts necessary to make them match the side profile of the spacer. I'll be dropping these off for welding tomorrow (it's all my welder can do to tack this 1/4" stuff together)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks