• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce w/ hiab 950 knuckleboom

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
One of the lift cylinders leaks and there is a leak in the swivel. I plan to replace the o-rings in the swivel and the hydraulic lines that run from the swivel up the boom while I have them off.
We ran the crane off of the skidsteer's hydraulic circuit to unfold it/make a tripod so that I could mount it. We had to add a lot of oil to the tractor as full extension w/ the outriggers down emptied it's reservoir (we managed to get 12 gallons into a 5 gallon tank)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With the right size reserve tank, there is no need for an oil cooler. My M62 has something like a 65 gal reserve tank!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
now that looks handy. Is that a standard cargo bed that has just been slid backwards? I would love to see some pics of how it (the crane) is mounted.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, I see you found a hook. I have a hook that was not rated high enough in the early days and it began to change shape under load, make sure you have a hook rated for you crane...about 8 tons or so, or be mindful about what you lift.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
According to the manufacturer (crosby) this one (5-s-1) has a working load limit of 5 metric tons (11000 lbs) and is Individually Proof Tested to 2 times the Working Load Limit. Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
The best resource I have found is cranetruck & his posts. Other info on the net seems to be limited to loadcharts and prices.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, it has a zerk. I need to figure out a way to lube the hook effectively on my hoist block.

Lonesome715

Thanks. I will see if I can locate his information. Ever since I saw a deuce in another thread with w boom, I have wanted to explore the possibility of installing one for myself.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
aua
aua
aua
aua
aua
aua
aua
aua
aua
UPS lost my tank.
aua

Just got off the phone with UPS and got a new and improved tracking number. According to this one it is out for delivery today. If it makes it today it will have gone
San Antonio, Texas -> Jackson, Mississippi ->Atlanta, Georgia-> Kansas City, Kansas->Doraville, Georgia -> Atlanta, Georgia-> Gainesville, Georgia in just 19 short days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks