• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diablo Build Update (pics)

SasquatchSanta

Hey Mike,

May I assume you have, or will soon have the morrors available for sale?

If so, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, please post a larger picture of your truck showing the mirrors. I have a real hard time imagining how something will look until I see it. I used to go shopping with my first-x-wife and she was notorious about taking a dress off the rack, holding it up and saying, "do you like this"? Unless she tried it on I had no earthly idea. In other words, I'd like to see a bigger picture of how the mirrors look so I can get an idea as to how they would look on Rosie.

The thing I like about your mirrors is that they will accomodate dual stacks. With the stock west coast mirrors you have to fabricate special braces for the drivers side when adding another stack. Your mirrors would work perfectly with the second stack.

Thanks,

devilman96

I've been tinkering tonight and proably will be for a few hours yet just takin a break for the moment but here is what I've got so far...

Im FINALLY hanging my front bumper trays... I made these what??? 4 + months ago? Kinda nice to have there for tool and walking around the front of the truck!

Also got around to installing a coolant filter... I had to do some unconventional plumbing to get this in as I was using the needed ports on my heater. The filter is the 4073 which contains SCA additives.

I did another power steering swap out on the pump's internal veins... I had a 6.5gpm... that was WAY to high... I put in a 2.5gpm... it "worked" but was sluggish at low RPMs... So I just put in a 4GPM... man this better do it!

Next I think Im going to open up the back of my radiator a bit and see about improving the air flow at highway speed... Im hoping if I do I can get my AC condenser back in the front of the truck.

The GA rally is coming up quick... *sigh*

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was so tempted to buy two sets of those trays at Aberdeen one for the duece and one set for the M52 but I knew I was leaving for Korea and did not want them lost by home re-arrangers while I was away. I will look into them when I get home. This truck is one I must see before I die, kinda like the eighth wonder of Mil Veh

devilman96

Well... It darn shure dont look like 8 hours worth of work but it was... Not a bad looking head liner for a deuce any way!!!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
wow!!!!!

bottleworks

devilman96 said:
Well... It darn shure dont look like 8 hours worth of work but it was...
No, that looks more like 16 hours worth of work. It looks great. I just remade every part of the interior in a VW Pickup. My headliner was only ~40x40" and it took me an entire day. That is a clean install and finishes off the truck well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should here the stereo. If you point the speakers out the back and crank it up, the truck moves. All that insulation is not to keep out the 85 DB operating sound level, its to keep in the 200DB musak.

devilman96

Eh... someone around here gave me the stOOpid idea of yanking the gauges out and installing a LCD touch screen monitor... Which means digital on screen gauges, wireless internet, GPS, satellite and constant data logging for the engine... I think THAT might make the CXT guys a little weak in the knees.... My wallet isn't going to like that ordeal... But it will finally make the cruse control and IR cams a reality... *innocent look*...

devilman96

Some more work from the weekend...

I had to pull the window channels out I bought last year... They never did work right... Something about NOS 20 plus year old junk, I paid almost 175$ for the 4 pieces. *annoyed*... The rubber / plastic that held the felt material in place was degrading and sticking to the window frame as they tried to go up and down...

I also got some more trim pieces made up for the cab... These will help hide some of the ugliness of the insulation I installed but also help insulate the firewall better as well... The temps in the cab are already about 40 degrees lower than before in this area but I am hoping this will help out with the sound factor... Looks better to boot.

I finally got my input shaft bearing in for the transmission yesterday and got that installed last night so hopefully I will not be to lazy tonight and get the transmission and clutch back in the truck... Im getting kinda sick of pulling and pushing it in and out of the shop... Wthe the GA event in what 3 weeks??? I've still got a lot of odds and ends to tidy up before hitting the road but at least their superficial from this point forward. *fingers crossed*

Attachments

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mirror, mirror, on the wall... Who's the sickest, of them all???

:D

AND, I mean that in the most respectful way, Mike!!

Awesome job! The roll-out should require a press conference with video coverage.

I don't know how you do it all. Absolutely amazing! [thumbzup]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, you could start your own business pimping deuces out for buyers. I'm sure there'd be a line around the block waiting for your services from all the great pics you've been providing us here!

devilman96

Been workin on some of the more detailed stuff...

Gladhands and a QC for an air line..

SS chains for all the pins, etc

Boat cleats for tie downs... cause it is a boat!

Front shackles...

Shifter boot for the TC...

Only 9,999,999,995 things left to do...

Attachments

devilman96

you are giving me way too many ideas............... what did you use for a ps pump and what did you do to lower the gpm??

I used the same Vickers pump found in 5 tons... These range from 5 to 6.5 GPM flow rates... To high, even for the massive Saginaw gear body Im using. I bought a new vein and rotor kit which just swaps out the internals.

So... goofing around from the past few days...

I got finally re-did the prototyped windshield motor bracket... Figured it would REALLY look like snot if I bolted that thing back up in there after doing the headliner.

Something Kenny pointed out to me which I kept forgetting over and over that a deuce really needs is a reverse light... I finally sat down and sorted that mess out and got one installed. I wired it so that the tail lights have to be on (service drive, park, etc) in order for the reverse to come on which retains the trucks black out function.

and.. Just to stir the peanut gallery pot... I decided on a center console that is also a refrigerator... I've had it running most of the weekend now and I have to say these little things are pretty impressive for being so small... It only holds 12 cans so its not like your going to keep a weekends rations in it or anything but being that it only pulls 5 amps I can leave it running on the 12V system for about 10 days straight with out ill effect... It will work great for long trips and be a normal center console the rest of the time... I will get this mounted when I get the seating back in this week... Should look pretty good in the truck.

Attachments

devilman96

Well... Dont go playin on the other side of the DMZ and you can fondle it when ya get back... We bound to catch up at one of these events. If I had a brain I should ship this thing past a few of the units over seas... Be a great advertisment for the biz and getting some of those units to order from me!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks