• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diablo Build Update (pics)

devilman96

Thanks for the compliments guys I really appreciate the support and constant egging on...

I got the rears mounted yesterday and WOW... Man I knew the tires would "make" a difference... but I didn't think it would be such a night and day experience!!!! This thing looks unbelievable! I should have done this months ago just for the inspiration it's given.

Seats are back in, I drove it home last night for the first time in a few months... Its a real neck breaker in traffic, even more so than before!

As for wheels being for sale... If your buying im selling after I get back from GA... I am not going to have stock on the outer shells until the end of October and I have a standing order for 36 to fill but I am fairly confident I can have these out in 2-3 weeks per order.

Pricing is dependant on set qtys... 4 @ $240 each 6 at $230 each find some one to order with you and I will make them $220 each... They don't leak... are much simpler than bolt together... have a awesome offset for any truck... and they will not be promised to you and then sent to you 4-6 months later.

The tires mounted on my truck are 15.5's or G20's, the same size as a 395 80/20 which is the biggest you can go on a deuce with out screwing up HP and with out lift or modification. I have these for a whopping 85$ a pop, they are Mil dismount zero mile tires in near prefect condition. I think the closest price I've seen advertised on these is 170$ for 70% tires...

Now I just gotta get the tool box in between the cab and bed... Anyone got a spare knuckle boom floating around?

Attachments

Rattlehead

What an awesome job, I can't imagine the time that had to go into it to get it where it is! I saw a knuckleboom today on a truck that would have been the perfect size for your project. It was smaller than most that I see, and too small for the truck it was on, but would be perfect for loading/unloading that short bed. Didn't see a manufacturer name on it.

Rattlehead

I agree, but I think the wheel cutouts on my box won't allow even an 11x20! :cry: :cry: Need to do some figuring on tire height/suspension travel/clearance. Such a good deal on the tires, too, and I could use some new ones.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cranetruck said:
Excellent workmanship Mike, but scary.
:ditto:

Mike,

That's a single man's truck! I say that because the chicks'll dig ya, and the guys will hate ya!

You deserve all the recognition you get. That truck is truly a masterpiece. There is genius on display there! Great work!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Would those tires fit on a regular duece with dual rear axles? What would it take to run duel tires of that size on the rears? Truck looks great hope to see pictures of it from the rally too.

n1bnc

Yo!

What is the latest on this project??

I have been watching this for a long time and I go searching for it when I think of Deuce ideas!

Thanks!

Nate

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mini in comparison but not in retrospect. I drove it, pretty cool. Nothing further until Mike posts it, he may not want the world knowing about it.

hot rod deuce

Man you sure are on the move! every time I read this it makes me get back to work on mine! Now, maybe I missed the comment, but are those shifter knobs "40mm grenades"?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks