• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diablo Build Update (pics)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like the bed on a 416 Mog. You could build a frame for it and mount some cylinders. Then you could have a 3-way tipper dump bed. Skip the toolbox and mount a k-boom ;)

devilman96

Well... got the bed painted and bolted back on (bed liner is Duplicolors product commonly sold in parts stores)... Also added 2 more batteries to the mix in the rear of the frame... The Amps had killed the one gel cell I had not the 12V system, kinda new that was coming but was beign lazy about installing the rack in the rear.. Opps.. Glad they have 5 year warranties! Im now running 3 on the 12V and the two for the 24V... A lot of lead!

Only a few weeks left to Aberdeen... The pressure is on!

For those whom have not seen the postings I am opening a MV parts store. Its taking up a GOOD bit of my time and I originally only wanted to house some of my own things that I have made while build my own truck but the expense of setting up and running everything kinda would off set what I needed. At the advice of guys like Kenny, Mangus (Mike), Steel Soldiers (Chris) and the coaching of MANY other members and friends I have opted for carrying pretty much everything for MV's... In the up coming weeks I will be adding maintenance kits for filters, wheel bearings, gaskets, belt kits and the likes as well as many of my own products, some of which I have posted about like 11X20 tubeless reversible single wheels for deuces (Gerhard's design), my filter kits, w/winch bumper racks, wench plates, high output 12V add on alternators for M35's, over head consoles for M35's and Pinz (others to be added)... Custom stuff were all usually looking for but cant find or afford to have a "one off" made.

Where I will be adding more and more "stock" parts I want to keep my focus on the hobby and build the things which make our MV's more useful, or hunt down already produced items which I know fit the applications and are of good quality like 24V inverters, LED replacement bulbs, etc... Simple things you look at getting and adding to your truck... but are never quite sure if they will fit or work properly.

Additionally I will keep researching things I see come up in the forum... Im currently looking into a 24V prelube unit like recently posted in a thread... and yes I am open to ideas and suggestions from everyone, if it is feasible for me to build and common enough to sell bending my ear will probably get you what your looking for produced over several weeks!

Many will notice the link on the main page for SS... I don't want to rob Chris of any glory but to explane briefly... I will also be hosting the official "soon to come" SS store which Chris and Mike will be setting up lots of goodies for all of us!

Things in the store might be a little messy for a while as it takes hours and hours of sorting and creating images to get things into proper categories but I will call it "open for business" and invite you guys to take a look, kick the tires and point out what I've messed, over looked and hopefully gotten right also... www.odiron.com

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Devilman....you should consider putting all the pics along with your experiences (in a word document) on a CD.

It would be invaluable to anyone thinking of the upgrades and modifications you have done and might save someone from reinventing the wheel.

You could sell it on the site or give it away free with a purchase.

It would definatly be on my want list.

Just my rambling thoughts.

OSO

That sure was an interesting project to follow through on! I have dial up took only 5 hrs to read through , should have been doing quarterly taxes for by plumbing company! aua OSO

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oldman, where do you hail from? Need to add your location to your profile on the left or create a signature in the posts. Welcome to Steel Soldiers. Wonder if you aren't from Clermont? If you are and I think you might be, thanks!

devilman96

Well I've been asked several times what is going on with my truck so here is the low down...

I installed my remote filter kit some months ago and put about 1000 miles on the set up before parking the truck with some other issues... Im quite happy with the kit and the pressure times so not much to complain about there.

Ya spend a bunch of money and time doing something... but that doesn't mean something is going to go very right for you!!!

I had an oil leak... Rear main seal... *ugh*... which kinda put me off from messing with the truck for a while... I had changed the rear main several months ago when I did the clutch (me and my spare no expense thinking)... Unfortunately I bought a NOS seal, wasn't by choice... It was just what I was sold... and needless to say that has not gone so well as it took a dump at around 1500 miles after being installed. (I was of course doing this before I was in the parts business)... Lesson learned... NOS / surplus is great for hard parts and a VERY bad idea for anything with an expiration date on it!!!

So... right now my trany etc are sitting on the floor of the shop...

Oddly enough when I pulled the clutch I found that one of the throw out arm adjusters was coming loose... blessing in disguise? Frustrating ether way especially with the amount of money I spent on getting the clutch pack rebuilt.. Im still debating on just resetting this myself, making the shop do it, or making them refund me for the work and buying a whole new set up to go in the truck... I like the new 6 puck disk better than I like the 5 I have now...

... and the above all means my interior all had to come back out to get the tranny out which takes far longer to remove and reinstalled than doing 3 clutches on a normal M35...

The wheels and tires I have... Have not budged an inch... been to frustrated and some what to busy with the store and they are still sitting on the pallet I brought them to the shop on... yes I know... sometimes im a bad MV'er...

I have a little bit of a grind on the tranny going from second to third gear now and again so I think while I have this sitting on the floor I am going to pull the tranny apart and change out the synchro set... or sets... It would proably be the smart thing to do...

I ended up yanking my AC condenser a little while back... The air restriction it was causing was keeping my operating temps up in the 210-220 range. I have not remounted it yet but am thinking I will do so under the bed this time...

Other wise.. Its summer and the heat index is 105-110 during the day... Pulling this big pig into the shop and wrenching on it seems pretty much unbearable at the moment... Between that and the store it keeps me from getting to serious about fixing everything I need to but its also really starting to eat at me not being able to drive something I've worked so hard on!!! With the GA event coming up and OD Iron sponsoring It would be pretty depressing not to have this royal PITA there with me so its about time to dig up some motivation and get this moving again... Of course if anyone wants to volunteer to come down and do it for me they are always welcome!!!....... *crickets chirping in the foreground*

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks