• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy rock sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeoliveira74

I will be ordering from you asap.. I just dumped some more money into my 1009 bad IP and needed a bunch of gaskets. glow plug bypass... You are next on the list for sure!

Shankem-Deep

A little more info. The two bolts that hold the steps on are 5/8-11 TPI Grade 5. That should hold as much weight as you would ever want to put on them. I used the 1-1/4 sch 40 pipe for the actual steps. That is the same as the supports that I will put in. Due to the step taking up about 16" of the slider body I am only going to put in two supports where as mine has three. Three was more for looks than anything though.

Shankem-Deep

$480 with the steps, plus shipping. I am only going to take maybe one more order until I can finish up the orders I have. I don't want to get too far behind, plus I don't want you guys waiting on me too long.

Shankem-Deep

I had all the intentions of getting this first set done last night. Well I got one side of the sliders done. I added the braces and fixed my oops. Started on the step for the other side. All that is left to do is finish the step, put the sleeves in the slider body and add the braces. If I have to stay up until dawn I am getting this set done tonight. I know this first set has taken me awhile but for what ever reason since I have started this project, all kinds of things have happened within my family. I think what I will do is complete the orders I have without taking anymore orders. After these orders are done I will make the set for the M1009 and post the pics. I think I will then only sell sets as I have them complete instead of taking orders then building. In other words I will build a set for the trucks and 09's and sell them as I have them ready. I just feel bad about you guys waiting when you've already paid. Maybe I'm off base but I think this will work out better.

Darren

Attachments

jdeoliveira74

The fact that you care is more then enough for me... As gay as that sounds not to many people out there that care about how the customer feels in a business sence. I respect that
You rock keep doing what you do !:grd:

Shankem-Deep

Well heres the deal. I don't like ordering something and it taking forever to get. Especially if it's something that I have been looking forward to buying and I am excited about it. It's just bad business. Do unto others right? The next sets I build should go faster since I am taking measurements and writing everything down. So in theory I should be able to build the next set without mocking them up first. I should be able to cut all my pieces and tack them together and do a test fit. Then when I complete them do one more test fit and ship them. That's the plan anyhow.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Slider/Darren, The job looks amazing. Don't forget to sign the back side with your welder and number it # "1"

I would think to mass produce for the 1028 like the one you are making right now, pre cut to spec all the different parts for 5 sets, for the blazers once you build it do the same then you theoretically could put together and weld a set or two in 1 night. I guess I am used to a production line in my trade. Your system rocks man...!

Shankem-Deep

Hey Slider/Darren, The job looks amazing. Don't forget to sign the back side with your welder and number it # "1"

I would think to mass produce for the 1028 like the one you are making right now, pre cut to spec all the different parts for 5 sets, for the blazers once you build it do the same then you theoretically could put together and weld a set or two in 1 night. I guess I am used to a production line in my trade. Your system rocks man...!
I like where you heads at man! I had this same conversation this past weekend on how better to get these out. I have to build me some shelves to put all the pieces on and label them accordingly. I'm really stoked about building these sliders!! I don't want to keep guys waiting is the biggest thing. So i'm doing the orders I have and then i'll be making a few changes to my work area. I have to build seperate tables for my saws and lay out the work area a little better. I'm learning though!! BTW your set is done!!! I'm talking with shipping at work hopefully will be able to get you the exact shipping cost today. Thanks for your patience!!

Slider/Darren

CPAPPY

I just want to say nice work . I know you have put a lot of time into this and it will come together soon for you . I was thinking of building a set of these with a step . I would like to see what it looks like with the step mounted to a truck .

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT. CPAPPY

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like where you heads at man! I had this same conversation this past weekend on how better to get these out. I have to build me some shelves to put all the pieces on and label them accordingly. I'm really stoked about building these sliders!! I don't want to keep guys waiting is the biggest thing. So I'm doing the orders I have and then i'll be making a few changes to my work area. I have to build separate tables for my saws and lay out the work area a little better. I'm learning though!! BTW your set is done!!! I'm talking with shipping at work hopefully will be able to get you the exact shipping cost today. Thanks for your patience!!Slider/Darren
I am in no rush at all, in fact if someone is pushy with the same truck send them mine. At the ripe old age of 50 and I have learned patience.

"Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string, you know..!"

Peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.