• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy rock sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankem-Deep

I took some pics last night just so you guys know i'm still working!!!:grin: I'm back on these like mad! I had to take a few days off for of all things funerals. I have been to 3 funerals in less than a month. Not good!!! So here is a set I finished up last night and a nice pile of materials. Oh yea, I got me a new saw to cut the compound angles!! Now i'm really rockin! This set gets rust converter and spray on bed liner, so i'll post pics of that process also. Thanks guys!!8)

Attachments

Last edited:

Shankem-Deep

I found a video of a riding trip we went on awhile back. This was before i actually made my sliders. In the video you here one of my buddies say your hanging up on your rock sliders, I had just said before I climbed that hill, man I wish I had my rock sliders built!aua

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIy28dIlRYM&feature=plcp&context=C3c19768UDOEgsToPDskLZGjNJ_Sco0Oas_s7vy4cw[/media]

998Junkie

I found a video of a riding trip we went on awhile back. This was before i actually made my sliders. In the video you here one of my buddies say your hanging up on your rock sliders, I had just said before I climbed that hill, man I wish I had my rock sliders built!aua

You're buddy could have been referring to the slider under the transfer case, it looks like it did it's job.

No guts, no glory.
:D

Shankem-Deep

You're buddy could have been referring to the slider under the transfer case, it looks like it did it's job.

No guts, no glory.
:D
He was giving me a hard time because he has a M-1009 and I told him I would build build us (him and I) some rock sliders. I have some more videos I will post if I can find them.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this set for a Blazer...? # 2....? Looks good. I am installing my set this week and will post how easy the install was. You go Boie~~~~~~~~~~

Shankem-Deep

No, still working on truck orders. I wouldn't say the install is easy but not too difficult either. The toughest part is the rear mounts, not a lot of room to work on the inside of the frame when you go to bolt them on. Did you get the mounting instructions I emailed to you?

Shankem-Deep

Got a couple sets done, just waiting on a descent day to spray some primer on them. If the weather doesn't get any better I may have to spray them in my shop. I also got a couple more sets cut out and ready to weld up. Should be able to get one set welded up per night. The sliders with steps take a little longer but now that I have my new double bevel saw they shouldn't be too bad. I use that saw on the slider tubes and the step tubes, both have compound angles.

Attachments

mudman

I hope you are working on my set tonight, and not building steering box brackets, or drinking barley pops, or out girling.. It's hard keep you focused HAHAHA..Just kidding!!!

You know know you have a problem when either having your glasses with you or working on green iron, means more to you that having sex!!!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed with what was shipped to me. I had them in my truck and stopped by the local 4x4 shop. The owner wanted the manufactures number. I told him they are custom made and they were all surprised at the precision quality. Darren Evans rocks so I gave them his number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks