• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do I really want a heater?

Whidbey

Can pop it open with room to spare. While fitting up the empty box, I shortened it enough to make sure it did not interfere while able to fit in 2 heater cores.
Also, the box stands off the fire wall using the standard "L" brackets. The std blower is also offset a bit on the box so there is about 1-1/2 clearance for air pick up off the inside passenger fire wall. I removed the air intake hose ring off the blower air intake.
I did cut about 1/2" off the side of the dash / glove box support bracket for coolant feed clearance on the 1/2" L's on top of the box. 2 "L" brackets are mounted on the blower end to this same support. It does not move.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whidbey, is that a 5 ton distrabution box? I notice it is opposite a standard deuce one.

I am also having reservations about installing mine. I know I want a heater for my Alaska trip, but now I'm leaning towards a fuel fired one.

Anyone have a fuel fired heater kit they will trade for a NOS coolent heater kit?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I chopped the box too and I mouinted mine on the firewall. Had to reverse the fan mount to fit the fresh air hose next to the side access. Got the idea from another forum.
I like your flexible hose a lot more than the factory one.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd rather have it and not use it, then not have it and need it.;-)

Bingo! This is your answer.

IF you are planning on having any females (of any age) in you truck in the "cooler" weather (they will call it COLD), you will want a heater. They will be MUCH happier, and thus, so will you.

This is a serious consideration. Think well upon your decision; it may well have long term consequences.

Just my 2cents worth. From experience :wink:

Storm

The black air duct I got from Advanced Auto Parts. About $32.00. And mounting was so tight I had to notch the rubber sleeve on the fan end of the hose to make the turn. Should not be a problem for the normal heater mounting or for those people who think ahead and allow for the hose to make the turn... And yes it is better than the OEM.

I also used it inside the cab.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks