• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

mikew

The grey looks fine. Nothing wrong with it.

The wife and I have an understanding. I have camo-green, and she continues to live and eat in the house.
Hey there's no doubt, I wear the pants in the family..... well at least while I'm goofing off in the shop. And heck, if I was in charge at home I might also have to be in charge of vacuuming the carpet!

CDN-CUCV

Nice lookin' deuce. You can always paint it back to green down the road....;-)

I bought my M1009 off a guy who reluctantly sold it because he had a five-star bed 'n breakfast and he was told it looked a little 'garish'.

imo: I personally think black, 5 series BMW's are a little garish. We call them 'douche-mobiles' up here in Vancouver.:p

rivired

This is my Project i just recently finished..

all work done myself. bobbed.flipped hubs ..singles..105 bed.

AND I THINK...
The only bob job that isnt running a set of deuce front springs in the rear..

Went with 59 inch 1 ton ford 3inch wide springs with overload.

For much better articulation.
14inch tavel shocks..

ANd i dont wanna hear anything about the red.. K? :)

Attachments

DavidWymore

Cool. Looks like you need something a lot taller to get it to it's limit.

FYI, I have 60" chevy springs in the front of my dodge and 63" in the rear. I wheel it a lot, and I rarely if ever get a tire off the ground. The fords look like that should work good too. I know the 57" ford 1/2 ton springs flex like crazy.

rivired

Ya im not having this prblem i though was motor related..this shuddering under light throttle..im now pretty sure its axle wrap related cuz its HORRIBLE wrap right now..so im gonna get a link and what not and put an anti wrap bar on to try and stop the movement.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still waiting for someone to do one like the origional XM381 design. Gasser with a cut down M34 bed.

KsM715

For you guys that move the fuel and batteries, what do you do with them? Ive seen the fuel tanks moved to the bed but where do you mount that batts?

wehring

Bobbed M35A3

Here is a teaser of the A3. I am complete with the tear down phase. The build begins tomorrow...

You can follow the conversion on the "Finally a bobbed a3" thread.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

l1a1man

Here is some pics of bobbed trucks I have built this year, and the last couple of pics are of 2 piece bolt together wheels I sell for the 2.5 ton. I am starting to plan out a crew cab duece for myself, for my next project, Thanks Clinton
Time to set up a seperate savings account. Must have one of these.:razz:

KsM715

82ABNMP, That is one very nice truck. Did you use the bed and frame from the trailer?

Im hoping to Bob the deuce Im picking up in the next few weeks and Im trying to find the right look to shoot for and I think I just found it.

kochevnik

I've seen this asked a lot here, but never much in the way of replies ...

For those of you with a bobbed deuce - what differences do you see in driving compared to the stock deuce - i.e. speed, handling, braking, steering etc. ?

(Maybe there isn't much difference ?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks