• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

andyman211

hey all, i'm new to the scene but i've always thought it would be cool to do a crew cab deuce. glad i found someone who did it before me. anyways i was curious how much u had wrapped up in parts on this project.

BlizzardX23

I just read the last 25 pages...this has got to be one of the best threads I've ever read...And I've been searching for more pics of your truck since before I joined this website...you do amazing work..your truck rocks! I cant wait to purchase my first deuce this week..all these inspiring mods!

466Navastar

Beautiful job and great pics and description of the build---thanks

interested in how the camo is painted over the base color - will you share the method in some detail ?-----are there stencils?.....Ive painted more than a few civilian vehicles and am kind of scratching my head over how to get clean edges w/o overspray

thanks

ccequipment

I paint the black and brown free hand with no stencils and with a small touch up gun. It takes some pratice like anything else. Brown first than the black, keep the pressure low and watch where your overspray is going. If you search around here you will find some other methods of doing it I am sure.

466Navastar

thats what I call response time ...OUTSTANDING !!!!

thanks CC.....and the pattern/shapes are just inspiration?.....or are there some guides on proper placement out there?

imagine you do the outline first and fill in?....how does one know when enough - is ENOUGH?

must be walking on a pic or scaffolding since the truck is so big - or are you just using a ladder?

also- ---just remembered - regarding the angle welded to the roof as a form/stiffener when welding in the 4 foot stretch roof panel - notice the welds were a lot more than tacks and the angle is much heavier than roof tin-----how did you avoid big time warpage from those welds and cutting off when done?......is there a lot of filler on the seams?...imagine the paint hides SOME sins but still has to be close to right.

it was a pleasure watching you work --would be worth price of admission to be there and watch.

thanks again - dont forget SS when you do the next one

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you use Rapco paint for the black and brown? I tried their rattle can colors and the black and brown drip all over the place.

ccequipment

There is 2 more crew cab builds on here by me, do a search. I try to paint most off my trucks to the military camo pattern. I use Gilispe paint that Rapco has, but the spray cans are not much good, they are to thin. They are only good for touch up. I spray hundreds on gallions of there paint each year and it is good stuff, the key is not to thin it to much. Just got done paint 7 gallions today on a M10A forklift

rnrracing

CC,

This was a great read. I had to read it from start to finish. I am thinking of doing an extended cab with no extra doors. everything should be straight forward except for the roof. could you tell me how you curved the sides of the new roof to match the exsisting roof? What guage sheet metal did you use? Thanks for letting us all see this build.

ApopkaFL

Banned
M35a3

I have a question? I own a 1993 M35A3 its a soft top. I found a 5 ton a2 that is a soft top. I want to use that one to build a 4 door truck. Is that going to be ok? Useing that older truck as the rear on a 4 door? I am going to use the front springs out of that 5 ton for the rear. I want to bob it as short as I can using the M35A3 bed. I am going to have custom 8" spring hangers made. I am going to be putting 1600 R20s the 52.9 tires. Do you for see any problems using the old A2 body with the A3? Once the truck is togther I plan on having a custom soft top made for it.

Please advise any information you may have.

The A3s Rocks by the way.....

Rodman Gomez

Military Oz Tires . Com

overmanjh

Floor Insulation

Earlier in the thread you were talking about trying to insulate but like the steel floors. Have ever heard of Lizardskin? They make a spray on sound deadener and a spray on heat barrier. I have no personal experience with these products, but was thinking about tearing the carpet out of my Jeep, then spraying some of this in with a bed liner as a top coat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks