• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drafted

m715mike

So this came up again day before yesterday. I actually got three phone calls, then a deputy showed up asking for help. They lost a Hmmwv over in Merryville trying to get to some trapped people. I had the deuce and a 931A2 ready to go when the event Coordinator came over the radio saying to hold off because the National Guard had just shown up with... get this... two M35a2 trucks.

And I couldn't believe it, but they had agreed to pay for my fuel AND write a check to cover my asking price to service both trucks afterwards. Our Sheriff's department does take care of us.

Whoa!!!! Wait a minute!!!

Exactly which deuce did you have ready to go???? I'm rather fond of the one I sent you last week.

If your "asking price" included a new head gasket, turbo and injection pump... Well then, fire-up that green and black truck and go rescue a HMMWV!!!!!

Jeepsinker

It was my deuce, and yes they did ask nicely. There was nothing compulsory about it. They flooded the Hmmwv out because it didn't have a fording kit. Once the water went over the hood, the engine sucked water, then the current pushed it off the road and out of sight. I'm sure they'll find it when the water recedes... maybe...