• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drash/GET Perkins 20KW no fuel problem

Ken_86gt

A new to me 2009 Hanco 20RFH33DWLP DRASH Shelter Transport Trailer, this is a Drash type generator and ECU combo. It has a Perkins engine that I believe model 404D-22T. Block tag indicates GP65664N and 740040T. Only a little over 300 hours.
Drash.jpgInjector Pump.jpg

The problem is no fuel to injectors. Picture of the pump shows the fuel lines removed, no fuel from pump at all.

I get fuel from the vent on the injector pump when hand priming it. When testing the stop solenoid I see the plunger retract into the body of the solenoid- so I think this is working. I tried to remove the injector pump but was not able to get it out of the block enough to remove or even see the linkage for the fuel rack control- the pdf manual that I downloaded made it look easy. This injector pump is a cassette type. My thought is that the rack is stuck off. Any thoughts of where to go from here?

Last edited:

Ken_86gt

Problem fixed. The fuel rack was stuck. I had to pry the pump off the block. After talking to a local disel shop it seems that they have problems with this type of pump setting up when they dont get used for a long time. They reccomended that rather than just buy a new pump try soaking it in Stanadyne injector cleaner to free it up. I chose the hard way and took the pump apart. I cleaned and oil'd it. Put it together and back on then engine. Worked so well the engine went into runaway because i did not put the pump back together correctly. Found my problem and it now runs correctly. So if you get one of these and a no fuel ar the injectors tru soaking the pump to free up the rack. I think you could try a very light oil first to free it up and then soak it in motor oil once freed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Poccur

That is not a DRASH...
It looks like a General Dynamics C4s trailer...definitely not DRASH though...any data plates on it? Is the ECU made by Applied? If so it is GD...
Glad you got her runnin'...

Ken_86gt

Yes, I know it is not a Drash- but the name seems to be synonymous with this type of unit. I have attached some data plate pictures from the original auction. If you know where I can get a TM for this let me know.gett dp.jpghanco dp.jpgSchutt dataplate.jpg

Poccur

DRASH is an acronym for Deployable Rapid Assembly Shelter and for some reason the Gov auction sites are calling all trailers DRASH...regardless of maker...

Yours was fielded by GD as part of the Marine Corp COC program and would have had a Base-X shelter with it when new...

If you are looking for a manual you might try Applied Companies:
http://www.appliedcompanies.net/documents/JanuaryProductAnnouncement.pdf

They claim to have made the GETT (yours is a GETT) for a while at least...

therooster2001

Yes, I know it is not a Drash- but the name seems to be synonymous with this type of unit. I have attached some data plate pictures from the original auction. If you know where I can get a TM for this let me know.
Did anyone find any of these for this "Hanco", which is really the generator? I am at a loss on ANY TM.

EDIT, except for the trailer chassis underneath it.

Last edited:

NEIOWA

I (my FD) just rcvd this same unit. Anyone find the manual for the Heater/AC unit. Poccur email the genset manual (Isuzu engine).

What is "Load Shead" on the switch panel for the Heater/AC unit? Heater coil is only blowing slightly warm (coil is HOT to the touch), Not what I'd expect from a 120000btu heater (the brand new SHC90 90000btu diesel unit we have blows ton of hot air (until it quit))

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The applied units that I have seen all have a Perkins engine. My Drash has an Isuzu. None of the electric heaters generate much heat in this style unit. If you have it piped to a tent and its recirculating the same heated air it works ok for what it is. If the designers really cared about heat output they would have integrated a heat pump. It's just a few electric heat coils. The equivalent of a few toasters. If you want great heat fix the diesel heater.

shawnshumvee

Hello. I just purchased a 2010 DRASH Shelter tansport trailer and I'm going in blind on this system. So any help and advice would be much appreciated
745064_6465_159_0001.jpg745064_6462_11860_0001.jpg745064_6443_109_0001.jpg
[h=1]Also can i get a link to the TM on this system if possible?[/h]

therooster2001

Hey Shawn, those TM's that Will uploaded are great, do know that things vary a bit from the manual (meaning manufacturers, and a couple of small things like an "extra" oil fill near the shroud on mine, some have them some don't). As usual, read the TM's, they are an easy read, but I worked my way through it with help from Jon (FL) and Will (CT). I had a thread as well where I was asking about things like batteries and turned into a progress sort of build.

20kw Generator - Drash / Applied trailer battery question

As they have said before. Drain everything (although I see your filters are gone), especially the fuel. If your hoses are bad, now is the time to do them. I thought I had a bad fuel line, and it turned out to be a little inline filter which Jon nailed on troubleshooting for me. I bought the original lines from the UK if you need them. This system is a little bit of a build on top of the other components. Start with the engine, then do the generator, then the AC. Mine is working wonderfully now. Jon also helped me recharge the system. I can help walk you through stuff as I'd like to pay it forward a bit, but if it gets over my head, Jon and Will will jump in. Those guys have several and have seen more problems.

Good luck on yours. Go slow. They are awesome! Congrats on your purchase.

Everyone's favorite question. What are you going to do with it? Mine is a bit for festivals and for my base-x tent (glamour camping at it's finest)

therooster2001

I actually got the original Perkins off EBay, but as noted, Napa has the compatible ones too. I got them from the TM. Oil, fuel and the airs. Still cheap enough. Do not forget to clean the inline filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks