• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Circuit Brake Engineering Thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
i know im replying to a several year old thread but i poke to the guys apm mentioned , i have him hunting down the prices for the winch compatible dual circuit master cylinder kit, he said it will be a bit pricey , but there is a possibility of a price drop if more than one is ordered. just letting you guys know ill post anything relevant after i hear back from him
There is one for sale in the SS classifieds parts
Is that not a winch compatible setup or is it?
The m-series rebuild kit had a provision for mounting the pto shifter similarly to the single circuit system.

The 1987-1989 factory dual circuit setup has a bracket cast into the master cylinder/pedal mounting assy for the shifter handle.

So both a 1987-1989 takeout will work or the conversion from m-series rebuild.

orrisd4

ok i heard back from the guy , he says the master cylinder and bracket kit will run about 400 bucks or so ,and will need a second air-pack ,and new plumbing , thats the way im going .
really that doesn't sound half bad to me as it will more or less be a drop in replacement for the single circuit without screwing around relocating the pto lever.
he said there might be some way to get a discount if i order a few of em at once , if anyone is interested let me know .
regardless i tip my diesel soaked patrol cap to APM for showing me that link

skinnyR1

ok i heard back from the guy , he says the master cylinder and bracket kit will run about 400 bucks or so ,and will need a second air-pack ,and new plumbing , thats the way im going .
really that doesn't sound half bad to me as it will more or less be a drop in replacement for the single circuit without screwing around relocating the pto lever.
he said there might be some way to get a discount if i order a few of em at once , if anyone is interested let me know .
I might be interested as well.

HanksDeuce

The system came in and I installed the pedal assembly and hydroboost setup on the firewall. I had to bend the pedal arm to put it where the brake pedal should go because the pedal assembly could only fit to the left of the steering shaft. I should be tackling the final brake lines that connect to the master cylinder this weekend. I will post more pictures in my build thread, and a few pictures here as reference.

Reaper651

I know this is and old thread and I know I should call them and ask but I was wondering, Did they say if it was a N.O.S. mounting bracket or is it the one they(M Series Rebuild Right?) Build? And also, is the master cylinder a military N.O.S. dual circuit or is it a new manufactured one that is a direct replacement for a Military one? Thanks.

orrisd4

Reaper, they manufacture the whole thing, bracket ,master;everything.
As far as I know they designed it as a more or less drop in replacement for the old military single circuit one.
According to the guy from M-series-rebuild i spoke to they built these in bulk for a number foreign military.
They said this is going to be a small run so thats why im waiting till the end of july to place the order

skinnyR1

Is there a group order discount? If there isnt, and it is just you and me paying full price, then I will just delay my order off to when I actually need it.

orrisd4

i was told there would be a discount if enough ordered , the problem is i was not told how many were needed , or what the discount would be.

really when first mentioned this i expected a lot bigger response.

Pugsley

This may be a dumb question that will probably be answered with "lockers", but could you do a cutter system where you can brake the left or right side of the rear tandem independently of each other? I use a system like this on my sand rail to get around having and open rear end. I guess you would just need 3 airpacks. one for the front axle and then 2 for the rear, one going to the right side and the other going to the left.

cutter.jpg

orrisd4

sweet marry mother of christ , i just went to order this today , it is 360 for JUST the master , the bracket is another 400 just a heads up it is NOT 400 total

hessunlimited

I'm a late comer to M35A2 ownership. I can't find a CSI online that handles brakes and am curious if you have a current perspective on whether it's still possible to split a brake system on an M35A2 like the USAF variants. If so, how? Thanks in advance, Terry