• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy 2007

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny that sounds like a trip that needs to be ringed in prayer with the long miles on old chassis and driver.
An old chassis and driver? Yeah, guess I'm getting old. No worries on my trip though, I've got the greatest co-pilot and he never needs sleep!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've mistaken my co-pilot. The "never needs sleep" thing should be a hint. WWJD? He'll be riding with me to Memphis!

CGarbee

OK, but is the little guy going to be comming along as co-driver, or are you leaving him at home to take care of the rest of the familly?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mini-me is not coming along. With the extra 1500 miles I don't think he could take it besides, he's in school. My wife also pointed out that he wil be needed to assist with micro-me. I will be the only in the flesh person in the cab. Cabell, as a convoy commander, where will you be in the march? Will you be able to lead the yellow serial from Doswell? I have no clue where I'm going in the VA counrtyside?

CGarbee

Kenny, I'll miss seeing the little guy, but I understand the reasons... :(
I can be at the head of the column if you'd like... :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Clinto, about what time do you think you will be hitting metro Charlotte area? I have to go to Columbia SC On the way up and might just head up to 85 and tag along with you guys if Dman doesn't mind. I plan on laying my head down somewhere in the Columbia area Tuesday night. Report back!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Clinto, about what time do you think you will be hitting metro Charlotte area?
Well, Google maps says that the center of Charlotte is 179 miles from out departure point. Figuring an avg. speed of 45-50 mph and a departure time of 0630, that puts us in Charlotte sometime between 1030 or 1100 hours.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, Adam, are you leaving from your Dad's place now? I think at one time you were going to be coming over from Norfolk and meeting up with me in Franklin? No big deal, just need to know. We'll be leaving out real early to meet up with the group in Doswell.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Chris, I was debating for a long while about it, but since the truck is already at Dad's house...

Plus we get to convoy longer that way. [thumbzup]

I told ya to let me know if you need help this weekend! I'd have been there man!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks