• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy gauge fix to try first

IronDeuce

First month into Deuce ownership and hopefully can contribute something useful! :idea:

My oil pressure gauge was riding at 0 when I got it - knew it still had pressure since it made a 100 mile drive here with the previous owner.

I traced everything from the sending unit and figured I'd start with the gauge (easier to replace).

Ordered a new gauge, popped out the old one, and as soon as I slid the new one in I found the issue: a bad ground. As soon as the new metal touched the old, rusty, CARC layered hole, she spit right up to 30lbs.

Solution for the next bad gauge: scruff up the bracket, run a piece of wire to it, and the other end to clean metal.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks.
Right, a lot of ground return paths rely on screws, star washers and in the case of the instrument panel 1/4 turn fasteners and pointed hold-down brackets that's supposed to punch through paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks