• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy gauge fix to try first

IronDeuce

First month into Deuce ownership and hopefully can contribute something useful! :idea:

My oil pressure gauge was riding at 0 when I got it - knew it still had pressure since it made a 100 mile drive here with the previous owner.

I traced everything from the sending unit and figured I'd start with the gauge (easier to replace).

Ordered a new gauge, popped out the old one, and as soon as I slid the new one in I found the issue: a bad ground. As soon as the new metal touched the old, rusty, CARC layered hole, she spit right up to 30lbs.

Solution for the next bad gauge: scruff up the bracket, run a piece of wire to it, and the other end to clean metal.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks.
Right, a lot of ground return paths rely on screws, star washers and in the case of the instrument panel 1/4 turn fasteners and pointed hold-down brackets that's supposed to punch through paint.