• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easy pressurized fuel cap mod for fuel system testing and bleeding

I have done this a few ways (from a airline fitting to cardboard and duct tape). I think this is the easiest. Drill a hole at .453" or .625" (standard sizes)...insert a standard valve stem. I hook it up to a C02 tank regulated to 2-3 psi, but any regulated air source would work. It makes bleeding and fuel system diagnosis MUCH easier. That cracked seal or bad fitting will get wet real fast... Using it for a Ft. Lee recovery tomorrow. That is a Velvac 600168 cap.

cap2.jpgcap1.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you own anything with a two stroke Detroit in it and you don't have a cap with a valve stem in it you will hate living the first time you run it out of fuel. All of our HEMMT's in Korea had that setup on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks