• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECO DIRECT DRIVE HUBS

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
I would like to know if these work with 3.07 gears (M1078 A0). If yes, I would like to order a set with gaskets. What's the turn around time? Thanks.
I have several customers installing Eco Hubs on 3:07 trucks the reviews should be very soon. Lead time if I put you on the list today
I would say 3 weeks…. Shipping quite a few next week . EDM is the slow part right now (Working On that)!

haqi

I have several customers installing Eco Hubs on 3:07 trucks the reviews should be very soon. Lead time if I put you on the list today
I would say 3 weeks…. Shipping quite a few next week . EDM is the slow part right now (Working On that)!
Thanks. As soon as there is some data on this I would like to order a set. Also do lockers affect the normal operation of these hubs?

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. As soon as there is some data on this I would like to order a set. Also do lockers affect the normal operation of these hubs?
I have a 1088 with 3.07's and lockers in both rear axles. Truck runs great.

Does it affect the hub normal operation? Yes- this kit completely removes the hub reduction gears. Mine are in a box in the shop. They no longer operate...

We have 3 trucks with them installed in the Portland area. Everything thing else functions seamlessly.

Korade

PM does not seem to be working.
Please send me a quote for; a set of 4 hubs for a M1078 and a corresponding set of the gaskets, along with your preferred method of payment.
Shipping would be to Chino Valley AZ 86323
Thank you for your time and you problem solving !!
Tim & Dawn Korade (tim@korade.org)

Duffysguns

Just Had a local Diesel Tec in Balt Co. install a set on my 1078 . The parts are spot on, machining is excellent, all the bolt holes line up exactly. Felt the improvement as soon as I left the lot. Will get it out on the Highway this weekend to give it a full shakedown. Not sure why but the speedometer does not indicate any speed since the upgrade was expecting 1/2 the actual speed. If anyone has any idea what up with the speedometer let me know. Hope to post some picks soon.

ClassA6x6

Availability to be announced. First 10 sets will be ready soon. Tested on M1078 will fit others also.
At the request of moderators please use this thread for sales related questions. Let me know if you have interest
in a set by posting here . Thank you!
Please let me know how to order. I left a message for you.

jmangym

Looks like they are working very nice even in trucks with 3:07 gears installed.
Ok. I have 2.87 gears and a locker. To run around 60mph I’d be at 1,500 rpm in 5th gear. Is that a good ratio for the 3116? Would there be enough power for the engine? Would not using 6th or 7th gear and making the truck essentially a 4 speed ok?

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Ok. I have 2.87 gears and a locker. To run around 60mph I’d be at 1,500 rpm in 5th gear. Is that a good ratio for the 3116? Would there be enough power for the engine? Would not using 6th or 7th gear and making the truck essentially a 4 speed ok?
Honestly I don’t have anyone with 2:87 running Eco Hubs that I know of. Is this a M1078? 1500 at 60 looks ok.
We are learning every day on this stuff. I would think staying out of overdrive would actually let the transmission run a little cooler.
If you didn’t like the hubs I bet you could sell them quick ! Or we could work out some kind of return/refund.
Also as far as making the truck a 4 speed, lots of class A motor homes are 5 speeds (second OD locked out from Allison). I had one with a 3116 and it was great!

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
I will be contacting customers that have been waiting patiently on sets with gaskets. They will ship this week! Got a large box of gaskets Thursday!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just received some really cool gaskets for the ECO HUBS today! They are made of .016 stainless steel and then a thin layer of high temp rubber is bonded to them. A small amount of silicon sealer would still be required around the half plugs.
The cost of gaskets would be an additional 175.00 for 4x4 set and 262.00 for a 6x6. Please let me know if you have interest
and would spend the xtra money . Need feedback. The price break down is 18.80 ea for the small gaskets and 24.86
for the large ones. Thanks for the support! Mike.

View attachment 896862
Looks like I forgot to specify gaskets…….

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks