• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ever Seen a crew cab M35 on 16.00 20's and a B cummins??

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: Ever Seen a crew cab M35 on 16.00 20

About the only thing that could make a Deuce better would be a factory crew cab..............well, maybe one more gear rofl

hot rod deuce

Hey nice to see there is interest in the project. Lately the Drive a Tank adventure has consumed my life.
www.driveatank.com

I did have a chance to get the interior finished up. All that is left on the "cab" is to fill the weld seams on the hard top and slap some 383 on.

I also finished up the electrical and have the new tilt/teliscope colum wired up.
Air ride seats are done and in too.

I think all I have left is some tool box mounts on the drivers side and re-mount the air dryer and re run all of the air lines.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Impressive fab work HRD. I can't wait to see the finished project in action. Please post up some pics or video when you get it finished.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How is the driveatank going? I remember you posted up that some people near you were putting up resistance. I hope things turn out well for you.

hot rod deuce

Well the County turned down my permit because there "is no need" for this in our community (kind of like we don't "NEED" a gas station, go out of town) There are a few locals that are convinced the vehicles will destroy the country side with diesel soot and smoke, shake the ground and create huge tremors in the earth that will crumble their home.

Not to rant but the part I find funny is that my project is supported by our "comprehensive land use plan". It states that we need to use land not fit to farm in the country for public entertainment and shooting ranges. It also says that we need to work on bringing OUT side money to our county.

I will be at our local county fair July 18
I am in the makings of a deal with a huge veterans celebration with Neil Diamond and Lee Greenwood.
The next week end I am booked for an event just north east called Shooters Round-up put on by a large gun shop/shooting range.
Then its off to another big Veterans celebration, Dobie Days, in memory of the "dough boys" of WWI.

Its a big fleet and alot of work for little old me. I had to hire a full time mechanic to do maintenance and repairs/painting!

jeli

Re: RE: Re: Ever Seen a crew cab M35 on 16.00 20

devilman96 said:
HRD hurry up and get that things done before I have to build one myself!!! [thumbzup]
At least take some close up shots of the cab or how much beer would it take for me to road trip to Waseca to look at your work? I won't get to mine until next summer but I can start planning and gathering now!!!

RE: Re: RE: Re: Ever Seen a crew cab M35 on 16.00 20

reagarding your land use situation... any chance you could do some moderate to hardcore 4-wheeling on the ground in question? the midwest needs some more offroad parks?

peace
Dave

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am glad you are getting this off the gound.

So glad you are able to proceed with your business it is a great thing that I believe will bring many folks your way. Get a spot on Fox news and see what happens.

Do you have to DEMIL all of your tanks to any degree or are you able to keep them operational. Take a look at the trophy we have here in Korea, it looks to me to be able to fire again if we needed it to. Photos of your drive a tank facility and your crew cab duece would be great to see.

Attachments

hot rod deuce

RE: I am glad you are getting this off the gound.

YES! im almsot there. I am going to finish up my new wiring harness tonght. Ill get you guys an update later tonight. She might make the Hot Rod Power Tour this year

jblack6527

Man, that would be awesome!! If you happen to be around western NC at any time, hit me up, I would love to check that thing out!

therbert

Being that the cab is at a slight angle. Are the back doors on the same angle or did they get squared off?

hot rod deuce

I scetioned the floor and made them strait, I figured it was easier than putting both cabs on a smaller angle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks