• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2017 Rausch Creek Off Road Park

cucvrus

Good Morning.
Looking to see if anyone is interested in an Off Road adventure at Rausch Creek Off Road Park this fall.
http://rc4x4.org/
We are getting together again for a fun day in the sun or rain. Perhaps snow. What ever comes our way. Just testing the waters now and we have not set a date yet. It is a Friday/Saturday/Sunday event. And you can check out the web site. Hey reply back if you are interested. A few of us are getting a date together and want to see how many are interested. Last spring 2017 we had a blast. The day great for wheeling and comradery. We wheeled just about every type of trail they had from beginner (green) to expert (red). Hope to hear back from some of you guys and gals are welcome too. Have a great day. No intimidation. Run the trails you are comfortable with. We have no top dogs here. Thank you, The Rausch Creek Misfits are offering an open invitation for a day of fun. Everyone is welcome.

cucvrus

Funny you should mention it. I was going to post that today. Saturday October 21,2017 will be the date to go off road at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. No special rules and no sign up sheet or pre planning. Just show up Saturday and we will be wheeling at 0800- 0900. As long as 2 people show up we have a full day of events. Get signed in and pay your way. This trips freebies will be lighted license plate brackets, mud flaps, and I will only be there on Saturday. I am NOT in any way in charge of the event. This is NOT a Steel Soldiers sponsored event but if you want to go wheeling and have a fun day be there. We run all types of trails and guys that ran with the group I run with were actually unaware of the capability of the vehicles they owned. We will not let you stranded and not belittle you for not going where we go or don't go. Lets go have fun. And that is about all I am in it for FUN. Saturday October 21, 2017. Please let me know in advance of any freebies you want. I don't want to make 5the trip with unwanted items. Of course if fire wood is needed I can bring a trailer load of that also. Unless a burn ban is in effect. I doubt but it is possible. have a great day. Get the vehicles ready for a fun day. Dress accordingly. I seen snow in October at Rausch Creek. Hope you can make it. There is no RAIN date. This is one day and done till spring 2018.

Jakelc15

That looks like a perfect weekend!
The only event listed on RCs website is a Womens guided ride!
I'm gonna try to make it to this one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lukes_deuce

I will definitely be there. Just got Friday the 21st off at work. Ill be arriving RC Friday afternoon and staying over Friday and Saturday night. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can have a nice bonfire Saturday night after a fun day! See every one there!

Jakelc15

I not sure you understand why I posted the events at RC for that weekend. This was a SS Rally when myself and another member started it around 2007. One of our trips we picked a busy weekend, IIRC Toys for tots. Was too crowded for a line of 5 tons to pass oncoming Jeeps. Didn't get as much wheeling in because we had to wait for other groups on the trails.

This will be my first time wheeling with most of you. The last time I was there I didn't go out on the trails. And before that was 2010 in the blizzards. Missed a few years having kids!

cucvrus

Flex.jpgAfter a day of unscheduled vacation from the site I am back. Baltimore was a blast yesterday. I was able to pick up some nice CUCV truck parts for an upcoming build. I hope to see a few more new faces at the Rausch Creek Off Road event Saturday October 21, 2017. I will bring a truck load of good dry seasoned hardwood cut to length. Along with a fire ring. So I have that part covered. I will be there before sunset on Friday October 20, 2017. I will drop the trailer load of wood hang out for some comradery and then head back home to rest. I will return in the AM. No one is obligated to run with anyone else. We do run good, easy, and bad trails. Anything from green to black and a few reds. We have to. No point in driving off road if you don't. The park is large enough to not have to wait for anyone else on the trails. Most times we wheel all day. 5 tons are in our group most of the time so that helps. This is a fun filled adventure. Bring your happy face and have a great time. Have a great day hope to see you there. You only need 2 vehicles in a group to wheel. Choose your partners and run with them if the going gets tough. Remember they have 2 sides to the park. The Northeast side of the park is an additional charge to off road and is worth the extra charge. Do as you wish. This is NOT a Steel Soldiers sponsored event. We only follow park rules and we have no leader. So come have fun and leave the attitudes at home or stay home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks