• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feeler: Turbo kit for the Diesels

jatonka

Haven't heard from Dr. Fosterlately. JWaller is for real, He may be doing some turbo experimentation. Check with Cranetruck, He's our engineer when it comes to electrics and engines. JT

jwaller

nope, I spent good money and time to have flanges made and Dr Foster disappeared. I made my own turbo that used a different compressor wheel only to find out that is was only slightly better than the Stock D turbo. all of it was for nothing.

if you have an endless supply of money a very good turbo could be had for these motors but nobody will spend more on a turbo than they did for their truck so I stopped wasting my time on the project.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
nope, I spent good money and time to have flanges made and Dr Foster disappeared. I made my own turbo that used a different compressor wheel only to find out that is was only slightly better than the Stock D turbo. all of it was for nothing.

if you have an endless supply of money a very good turbo could be had for these motors but nobody will spend more on a turbo than they did for their truck so I stopped wasting my time on the project.
'dr foster' was just dreaming and probably or almost certainly didn't have a deuce and did not know much about them. much of what i read from him was just wrong. you cannot just put a different turbo on and have twice the power, especially at the same boost. it's the same addage that works for any engine, 'horsepower lives in the heads'.

merlot566jka

I agree. I read most of his threads. It was clear he didn't know anything about diesels, compression engines or deuces. Whatever the case, I'm interested in finding a new turbo for my deuce. Not a stocker turbo either.

After further searching, I have come to the realization that the deuce turbos have a T-6 flange. And T-6 to T-4/T-3/ etc adaptors already exist.

rustystud

Use the International Harvester turbo #3LM466. This is the turbo that the tractor racing guy said to use. Check out the posts on "LDT vrs LDS engines . The last three pages has some good info.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Use the International Harvester turbo #3LM466. This is the turbo that the tractor racing guy said to use. Check out the posts on "LDT vrs LDS engines . The last three pages has some good info.
net says this turbo is good for applications up to 200 hp? and no wastegate?

JasonS

Does the 3LM466 have the waste gate that requires moving the starter to the other side?
The LDS wastegate turbo clears both the stock and gear reduction starters. I can say with reasonable certainty that the 3LM466 is physically smaller than the LDS wastegate turbo and should fit fine. It may even be a smaller flange size.

JasonS

How do you mount an automotive exhaust to that turbo? Looks like it was designed to mate with a tractor's stack.

red

For turbo options has anyone tried the holset hx35? Reading its turbo map and doing the math it matches very well for a 200hp goal.

200hp goal

***Mass flow 27psi

***MAP 30.9

***Pressure ratio 2.25

***S200, hx35.
uploadfromtaptalk1425011306965.jpg

red

Upside is the hx35 is common and cheap, externally waste gated so we can keep the pressure down. Flows far more efficiently than any of the stock turbo options which will reduce egt's.

Downsides are it has the ability to over boost the multifuel if you don't adjust the waste gate correctly. It is a T3 flange, smaller than our stock T6, there are reasonably priced adapters but that does make for a restriction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks