• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Field-expedient Deuce tire lift technique

Josh

I use the discus method. Start a few feet away from the truck, grab the rim, spin around a few times, Let go of tire and let it fly into the back of the truck. I loaded 6 tires like that. Worked pretty good, but I was a little soar afterwards.

Or go pick up a pan handler and offer him 3 bucks to load it for ya.

Srjeeper

Thank goodness I haven't had to do this much lately, but I use my Boarding Ladder & a rope. With the tailgate down, lean the ladder against the bed. Then lean the tire against the ladder with the dished out center, facing out. The rope needs to be fed thru the rim from the underside of the tire, then just walk backwards and up it comes.

No extra gear, no extra weight, no buckets, winches, extension ladders, 2X4's, rollers, pulleys, or strained backs.

When I'm feelin real lazy, I have the wife throw it up for me. :oops:

tm america

i say make a bow out of steel tube to fit into the stake pockets on the troop seats..Make it just taller than the top of the cab then you can hook a come along to it and winch the tire into the bed ..When you're making the bow make two of them so you can use them as a ladder rack if you need to later.

XanRa

you could ethier take the wheels of your truck, then the axels and then maybe it wont be as hard to get the tire up there? or take off the bed and walk onto it:mrgreen:

or maybe you could try out your mind?:roll:

do you have a second story? park your truck under a secondstory window take the tire upstairs- throw the tire through the window into your truck0 done, there you go, problem solved:mrgreen:

just my 2cents- and my sense of humor:deadhorse:r

jamesfrom180

XanRa yup, I could see a possible tweek being calling your load much like the Jordon/Bird commercials. "One bounce, nothing but deuce!"

I actually found that modifying a ramp worked pretty good for the method I proposed. Again proved with large boulder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks