• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Final Headcount, SoCal Fall Trip

RDUKW

It looks like I got everything done on my truck and I should be loading up and heading out Friday afternoon. I will have the commercial trap thrower with me so bring lots of pigeons to clean up.

BLK HMMWV

group pic

Hole were are all the flat black vehicals at in that picture you guys going to let me play with you or do I have to stay at a different camp down the road?

BH

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hole were are all the flat black vehicals at in that picture you guys going to let me play with you or do I have to stay at a different camp down the road?

BH
Well, if you look closely, you'll see that all of the trucks in the pic are REAL trucks...the funky colored "toy" in the middle was there to bring something, I forget what, we HAD to kick him out after what we needed was offloaded. I guess we can make an exception and let your "toy" in with us. Just keep an eye peeled, you'll be a little thing around us and I wouldn't wanna see you get squished under one of those real trucks :wink:

BLK HMMWV

Toy!!!!!!

OK Will
I'll watch my step around you big eaters.
I know I'm smaller than you guys but my cleanup tools are bigger and untill you do some work on your roof my sky light is better than yours . :-D
I might be small but I have thick skin and I carry a big stick.

I got a reply back from the Sacramento office of BLM. They sent me a forward to the same letter I have dated July 15 2003 so as long as the maps right that they sent you we should be GTG.

Tater Tot out

Hole, We will be leaving earlier than expected. Rain got my buddy off work tomorrow. I imagine we are in the barstow area around 6 or 7, any thoughts on hooking up to find the camp? Flying J?...call you?

How far is slashx from camp and is it on the GPS?

hole

If your going to be out there tonight, I'll leave this afternoon. I can find Slash X on Google earth and get the cordinates for you if you want, let me know. It's not too far from camp, +/- 30 min I would guess.

Well, I put the camp coords in my gps, it only goes to 5 digits though, hopefully that will be close enough to get me there. any idea how close to the flying j the camp is? I guess if I cannot find it, I will just try to keep calling.

I will call after a while but lets use this thread to chat until I leave (805=680-5831)

I will check back in a few...Going to load more Chit...as 100dollarman would say!!!

:grd::driver::jumpin::jumpin::driver:

Do I read that Polverone will make it??!! WooHoo!:jumpin:
Hey Will (and all the guys). I was this: [---] close to going. Not with my Deuce but just in a rental SUV with all my camping sh*t and some of them cleaning tools ya'll mentioned. Was even going to bring that long armed thing that you can sit on and it throws trash at any angle. Dang.

I've spent the last 2 weeks painting and lettering a AA/Fuel Altered for Ed Heystee.

The King Kong AA/FA

He's even made me a sponsor on his website.
I am about 3/4 of the way down Gary Berg's Left Coast Design

There is a reunion of all the old nostalgia dragsters and funny cars from the 60's 70's and 80's and I used to paint and letter a lot of them old cars. Anyway a great opportunity to see old friends, make new job prospects, etc.
Anyway, he is putting me in his race tent and throwing a ton of support towards me in hopes of getting me back into the racing circle.

Guess when the race is? This weekend!! Hot Rod Reunion at Famoso Raceway

I know ya'll gonna have lots of pictures to look at and I can't wait to see them.

Not to sidetrack this, any hopes of a get together at Fontana somewhere close to Thanksgiving?

Whimper

100dollarman

Michelle and I are heading out to the site right now, so Hole and YellowB wont be lonely!!! Might have to kill a few cold ones!

We are not camping tonite--- probably will drag the equipment out there tomorrow.

:-D:-D:-D

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm 90% loaded up. Load is hidden away by the brand new cargo cover Phil aka BarneysZoo hooked me up with. Went to his place today and checked out his awesome deuce - very nice ride. We have to work Friday so we are making an EARLY Saturday morning arrival.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of my stuff is loaded, Just gotta do tires, Jakes 450 and grub and i'm outa here mid morning on Fri. Hole is there and all set up and most likely keeping the blue mountains company...or are they keeping HIM company?? Yellowbronc had a flat about 100 miles out but is back on the road and should be close. It was on the flatbed, not the 109. Gary, too bad ya won't be makin' it out this trip, hope the drags go good for ya, in this economy, I can't blame you. Man, I can't wait, I need this trip!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I haven't started packing yet but there's not much for me to bring. Should be all ready to go this time tomorrow night and hopefully on the road by 3pm Friday!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should get there just before you leave! We will have fire and beverages going!

BLK HMMWV

I just helped my buddy do some wiring on his trailer for the trip.
Bought a new battery for my desert toy but it seems to have bigger problem.
It will pull start and run but no electric start untill after the trip. I don't have time to check it out before hand.
I did Fire up the gas powered blender and it's good to go so we will have some Desert Ritas for everyone.
We have some firewood with us and my Motley Crew should be hitting the road around 6 Sat morning.

Will do I need to pick up Jake?

There will be a few kids in the mix from my end. 1 boy 1 girl .

100dollarman

FIRST PICS of CAMP DIRTBAG '09!!!

I have pics even BEFORE the weekend!!!

Hole was lonely so we HAD to go have a cool soda with him tonite!

We'll be out tomorrow!

:-D

Today, I worked on trucks a bit--- had to change a glow plug relay on a Blazer, and the Ambulance wouldnt start till I changed that computer card thingy under the dash- I had an extra one- then it started right up! Plan on bringing those 2 out, plus 1 or 2 deuces. I want to get 6 46" Goodyears on one with my new recentered wheels, but I might not have enough time to do that. Maybe...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks