• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my first deuce!!!

palskidoo

I just got mine a couple weeks ago also. What town do you live in?

I'm in Wallingford just up route 77 from you. Im sure you'll see me next summer because I plan on tkaing her camping to Hammonasset and driving up and down the coast.

steelandcanvas

Welcome! Nice ride, looks as though you got a good one! If you have not already done so, educate yourself by downloading the TM's for your new girl. You have been warned there is no cure for the "Greenironitis". Enjoy!

Last edited:

michigandon

Congrats on the new acquisition! I understand that those new-fangled light switches are failure prone (my truck has the old style one and it works just fine).

Dipstick

Enjoy it! Dittos on wanting one forever. Mine looks like it will arrive next week. What an experience it will be! Your right about the SS website. Five minutes after you join you feel like you belong.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dipstick

Thanks Jess. You've really been a big help. Waiting on the paint to do your handles. Hope you got my paint link. My guy is a Whistler by the way. I'm getting pretty excited about this. Be well.

palskidoo

hey everybody,

earlier this week i found out the middle axle on my old girl is leak oil on both sides. It smells like 90w which is good news based on other threads on how bad it can be if brake fluid is leaking. my question where is a good place to buy axle seals? I haven't had very much luck doing simple searches online. Would napa have what Im looking for?

also the itch is growing on me to take her out again but shes not registered or insured. I can't to be able to just do a pre-drive check and go for a buzz around town!!

Thanks

Hey palskidoo, I've read quite a bit about the failure-prone electronic light control units and if you haven't already, keep your eyes open for a deal on the original-style 3-lever switch and stick it under the driver's seat till you get the chance to change it out. Once you get it changed out, your truck will be electronics-free. As you may or may not know, solar activity peaks every 11 years and is currently picking up through out the rest of 2012 and into 2013. On the slight chance the earth gets hit with a large enough X-class CME (coronal mass ejection), there would be total failure of the worlds power grids and anything with a microchip controlling it will become useless. That deuce will be one of the few vehicles left that will still run as the injection pump is 100% mechanical and that's the heart of your Multifuel engine. The danger of an x-class CME is essentially the same as an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) which would be the result of a terrorist attack by detonating a neuclear weapon about 400 miles above the central United States. I know the possibility is verry slight, but as long as the possibility exists, it's good to have a vehicle that won't be affected at all by a CME or EMP. That's one of the major reasons I wanted my deuce.
I'm not even gonna mention what could happen if the world were to lose all electricity because that subject is strictly verboten here (lol), but suffice it to say we all go Amish, and I much prefer my deuce over a horse drawn buggy!
:beer:

palskidoo

thanks for the insight RedbeardTheZombieHunter i have looked into it a little and found there to be hazards with the electronic switches. In fact the fellow SS member i bought the truck from told me about the down falls of the switch. I have been looking into buying the old school style lever switch but no luck yet. If you happen to see a deal on a switch please forward it to me.

As for solar activity and any other type of disaster.... I plan to hit it head on!!!

dstang97

thanks for the insight RedbeardTheZombieHunter i have looked into it a little and found there to be hazards with the electronic switches. In fact the fellow SS member i bought the truck from told me about the down falls of the switch. I have been looking into buying the old school style lever switch but no luck yet. If you happen to see a deal on a switch please forward it to me.

As for solar activity and any other type of disaster.... I plan to hit it head on!!!
my buddy might trade you.

palskidoo

Moved the deuce this weekend so i can work on her axle seals. It was a fun ride to say the least! my neighbor had a look of terror on his face as I drove by, a deuce isn't something that has ever been in my neighborhood UNTIL NOW!! I wish she was registered so I could go out and drive around in the height of hurricane Sandy but no such luck.

Attachments

Dipstick

Well, I finally got my Deuce today. It was a blast to drive. I've owned 4wd pickups that rode worse. Noise? I didn't think it was that loud. If there's anything in this world that sounds better than a whistler......I don't know what that would be. The truckers that shipped it and unloaded it loved it. I got thumbs up from four wheelers. Had little guys swarming the truck when I parked. Even took the ex for a ride. She smiled and laughed her ass off. My 21 year old son wanted to climb in the driver's seat in the worst way. Nice first day of Deuce ownership!

Deuce and a tractor? Lucky man indeed.:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks