• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Joined The MEP Family

CT-Mike

So it turns out that there is enough room in the sub-panel to install these directly and don't need a separate enclosure. I will post some photo's once I get them installed.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Based on Triple Jim's suggestion above, I bought 2 of these to monitor power output from the generator:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YY1KOHA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

i just need to find an enclosure of some sort to house them.
so this looks useful, but these units only monitor one phase (or leg if you prefer) so you need 2 and then you must add the results. seems there would be a similar unit that looks at both legs and in the process also at the sum of those legs for the total of those loads as well?

CT-Mike

so this looks useful, but these units only monitor one phase (or leg if you prefer) so you need 2 and then you must add the results. seems there would be a similar unit that looks at both legs and in the process also at the sum of those legs for the total of those loads as well?
I do have two, one for each leg. Mostly I want these to ensure that the legs are equally loaded. I have already powered everything from the generator that I want to power and it come out to about 75%, so I am not too worried about calculating total load.