• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMV Plate Bill Introduced in Illinois

Ma Duce

Guys I have 3 calls in to the SoS this week, I will start calling them every hour on the hour tommorow to get an answer on availability.

Ma Duce

I've been on the phone twice today with SoS office. they tell me they will have answers by the AM on implimentation.

Seems someone wasn't paying attention to the effective date.

Ma Duce

Ok so thwy really didnt catch the immediate effctive date, and said they should not have let that go, seems someone didn't read the whole thing.

They don't have a design yet, but one of the design guys in the office is a WWII re-enactor, so we may have a friend.

I asked them to get a application form done, so we can be issued temp plates while waiting for the peminent plates to arrive, as the big thing is the reduced fees for our trucks. And inasked them about refunds for guys who want the plates now, but have to put commercial plates to stay legit.

We will talk again on monday

Ma Duce

Spoke with SoS today.They hope to have the plates going between October and November 1. If you have a plate coming due and want to get the cheaper plate for FMV please contact me and I will get you to the right person as they don't have the applications printed yet, but we can get the reduced plate and a temporary registration done while we wait.

they hope to have a draft design to me next week.

Last edited:

flyxpl

You just about got this project wrapped up . How about for the next one , I have a M2HB 50 BMG on my A3 . Get IL to let me put a muffler,can,supressor on it , it hurts my ears . Thanks for all your hard work !

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: He's not the first one to have fun with attachments, Chaplain. LOL Willing to give feed-back as soon as plates are viewable, Ma Duce! Lookin forward to NEXT years plates!:drool: LOL
God bless,
Tony:wink:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M-37 looks REAL sharp! Yet, would go with camo instead. Possible Deuce? I realize that "ALL" vehicle types can't be available, but would think that M-35 would be fairly common, then the M 1008 and 009?2cents Stars will work great for the trailers! ANYTHING is a VAST improvement over what we had in the past! Thanks again for your continued efforts on all our behalf! I'm already runnin the veterans plate on the CUCV, which is branch specific.
THANKS AGAIN Ma Duce!
God bless,
Tony:)

Ma Duce

on the CUCV you won't see any savings. On everything else we will save between $500 and $2000 depending ont he commercial palte you would have run.

I am open for suggestions to give back to them, the guy designing the plate is a WWII re-enactor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks