• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMV Plate Bill Introduced in Illinois

mobhs

So I have a M923 and a M116A2 trailer i need to register and get plates for. Do I have to go to springfiled to get them the titles? or can this be done through the mail?

Thanks in advance

Vancho

um we just got the law changed to allow residents to have SBRs come January. Cans are on the list to try for next year.
Sir,

Thanks for your efforts in the FMV plates. I would love to discuss your BOBBED 5 ton. I am thinking about doing a Deuce bobber. However; What I am more interested in is your SBR statment. Can you PM me off sight to discuss? I have heard of Reinactor membership allowing for SBR ownership in IL but the ILSP and ATF are not tracking this.

I currently have a NFA Trust and my NFA items are out of state with my trustee. If this is true then I can transfer my NFA stuff to IL....

Again thanks for your hard work dealing with Springfield. Look forward to hearing from you and seeing your finished 5 ton!

Best Regards
Erin Weaver
(four zero nine) 273-zero four four seven

tcody

Well - sent SOS a request for application. Will see how it goes. Would love to get the beast on the road this winter!!!!

tcody

Got the same email - I emailed Candace a request for application which I think is what is needed. If I receive it I will be pass it on!

chvss65

I emailed Mr Dan McGath, at Dmcgath@ilsos.net with a request for an application, yesterday at 400Pm,, he replied to me today !!!!!!!!stating that he was mailing by USPS an application to me and that upon receipt of application and fees in his office SOS would issue 90 day Temporary Registration Permit (TRP) and that the actual license plates will be available mid to late January...

Andercomm

Well, finally got my paperwork in today to apply for the FMV plates on my CUCV-II Tahoe.

The base plates were $100 (for GVWR under 26,000 lbs) and an additional $94 if you wanted vanity plates. I was a bit disappointed that you cannot get vanity plates for a military trailer - they issue only numbers I was told.

The Secretary of State official indicated I would get a Temporary Permit back in the mail...and that the new plates would show up in January or February.

Anyone here have any updates on their applications so far...?

Andercomm

Just as a status update, I today received my receipt and cardboard Temporary Registration Plate in the mail...so the S.O.S. Office processed my FMV application pretty quick and got the paperwork right back to me (8 days)...!

It's heart-warming to see efficiency every now and then...! :0)

Flingarrows

Has anyone heard any updates? Mr McGath emailed a few weeks ago and advised that my paper work is currently being processed by the Special Plates Department. That was on January 18th, but I have not received any temporary plates yet

ryan77

Its illinois! The only thing they do fast is take your money! U should the plates in 6-8 years!!

Flingarrows

I hear ya on that!
I did get an email late yesterday, and my paperwork appears to be in order. The person who is in charge of the temporary plates is working the auto show in Chicago, but will look into it when available

ryan77

You should be required to get a dealers license with the amount of trucks u sell! Your house looks like a car dealership old man!!! Lol

saddamsnightmare

February 17th, 2013.

Ma Deuce:

Thank you for the work on the FMV plate, I had the chance to talk to Mr. McGrath in person this Friday, and I find out I get to save $1.00 changing from a B-1 to an FMV plate, and my gross will go up to reflect the 2-1/4 tons the Unimog is actually allowed to haul. As my plates expire on 03-31 I'll walk in and hand him the paperwork on 03-01 as my truck already is known to have a title and insurance.... The heck of it is my next job posting just might be in Nevada, and I bet they aren't overly friendly to FMV's... At least in the desert the Unimog will rust less, as I am pretty certain they don't throw the rock salt around the way they do here in Springfield. I was hoping for further south and warmer, but we wuill see what turns up!

Thanks Again![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks